• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Travel Restrictions NY

On 6/4/2022 at 9:20 AM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Soo I'm not trying to jinx anything here, but IF something special was to happen in New York the coming week(s) and a guy from Norway without the Vax wanted to take a trip over the atlantic, would it be possible?

i travel internationally frequently. You are only required to produce a negative covid test when travelling to US.  Rapid will do if taken within 48 hours.  PCR is 72 hours.  Only airlines are checking for covid tests, no one checks once you land in the US.  

Edited by CCCP
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Not that it's NYC, but I can tell you I didn't get checked once to enter Amalie or Bridgestone 😕

we didn’t get checked when we went, didn’t expect to. Can’t really compare Florida restrictions to NYCs 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-drop-covid-testing-incoming-international-air-travelers-2022-06-10/

U.S. to drop COVID testing for incoming international air travelers

The United States will drop from Sunday a 17-month-old requirement that people arriving in the country by air test negative for COVID-19, an official said, a move that follows intense lobbying by the airlines and the travel industry.

A formal announcement will be made later on Friday. The step comes as the busy summer travel season is kicking off and air carriers were already preparing for record demand. Airlines have said many Americans are not traveling internationally because of concerns they will test positive and be stranded abroad.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/what-to-know-us-pre-travel-testing-rule-lifted/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2022-06-11T13%3A22%3A14

Do foreign arrivals to the US still need to be vaccinated?

Yes. The vaccination requirement for foreign arrivals has not changed.

Travelers 18 and older who are not US citizens, US nationals, legal permanent residents or immigrants must be fully vaccinated to travel to the US, with limited exceptions.

Children 17 and under are not required to be vaccinated.

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...