• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Respect Ryan Lindgren

Pete

What a fucking asset to this team. Leaves it all out there every fucking night, allows Fox to be FoxyClean, plays hard, plays hurt, scores an ENG to boot. Guts and character and compete level.

And doesn't make shit against the cap.

Fucking love him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 2
  • JIMMY! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 3
  • Believe 3

25 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Tonight and the games without him showed what he means to this team.  Too bad the Rangers can’t get the same effort from Panarin and Zibanejad 

Panarin threw some big hits this game and played (for him) a more grindy game. Guy shouldsimplify his game a little. Zib needs to be in the onetimer wheelhouse and let the other guys muck it up if he's not willing or able to be physical. He also needs to lead by example in the 2-way game, and let Kreider and Vatrano focus more on offense.

Somone said it in the GDT, but he's the heart and soul on this team. Plays with the biggest heart and the biggest balls and everyone on the team seems to love him.

Just having him in the lineup, watching him take a beating numerous times every game sends a message to this team. It's like they're scared of taking a beating without him by their side.

Love the guy and he's a bargain at 3m. There's no way you trade him away to save 3m to give to someone else. There's not many on this team more important than him right now, so that just doesn't make sense. I'm not trading Lindgren to make room for Strome, Copp or Vatrano.

Happy National Hockey League GIF by NHL

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Back when the Rangers traded for him, I remember reading his report and it gave him high marks in the teammate and character department. I don't remember exactly what it said, but basically not only is he good at defense, but he has immeasurable leadership qualities.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

What a fucking asset to this team. Leaves it all out there every fucking night, allows Fox to be FoxyClean, plays hard, plays hurt, scores an ENG to boot. Guts and character and compete level.

And doesn't make shit against the cap.

Fucking love him.

The thing about guys like Lindgren is they're always unsung. They outlive their usefulness faster than their less physical counterparts (see Girardi, Staal), but every time a team dumps a player like this, they tend to be in the market to find another one immediately.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

The thing about guys like Lindgren is they're always unsung. They outlive their usefulness faster than their less physical counterparts (see Girardi, Staal), but every time a team dumps a player like this, they tend to be in the market to find another one immediately

One of the best things about Lindgren is his price tag, if somebody wants to give him four and a half to five and a half then you have to let him walk. And there's almost always somebody willing to pay an absurd price for a player like him. 

I'll die on this hill.. 

Dude is a witches brew of exactly what you want.. 

Not big, but big enough.

Not offensive, but crafty enough.

Not a hammer, but lays the body enough.

Not a fighter, but just mean enough. 

Not made of 100% Dan Girardi DNA, but tough as fuck.

In the aggregate, he's exactly they guy you want. 

• Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

One of the best things about Lindgren is his price tag, if somebody wants to give him four and a half to five and a half then you have to let him walk. And there's almost always somebody willing to pay an absurd price for a player like him. 

Yeah, to me, he's a lock for the life of this deal. If he wants to cash in big, and he should, and someone wants to offer him a Staal- or Girardi-like deal, he'll probably get it in free agency and walk. And that's OK. By that point, the Rangers will hopefully have some bodies coming up behind him. They already do in Miller. Maybe Robertson takes a big jump in the next year or so? I'm not worried about it.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Yeah, including us. You could say we just did that this summer with Goodrow.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Yeah, including us. You could say we just did that this summer with Goodrow.

I don't agree that his aav is absurd, however the term is still not ideal. 

Even G and Staal making +5... Then and now is too much for players like them and too much for Lindgren. 

Bruins fans I know literally liken this to the McDonagh trade with Montreal. Not trying to compare the talent levels of McDonagh and Lindgren, but what Lindgren might lack in talent in the comparison he makes up with in heart. And then some.

Thats a trade Boston looks back on with regret. He is a heart and soul type of player, and we essentially stole him for the final days of Nash. Just one of those add-in pieces that all of a sudden become crucial to your team.

Hank said it the other night that he reminds him of Girardi, and I agree. There were so many times Girardi would block a shot or take a hit or take a stick up high where people would be concerned and in my head I’d be like, “looks bad, but he’ll be fine because he’s a warrior.” Lindgren has established that already.

I said months ago he is the kind of guy who would be big come this time of year, and boy has he ever been. 

• Like 2
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Bruins fans I know literally liken this to the McDonagh trade with Montreal. Not trying to compare the talent levels of McDonagh and Lindgren, but what Lindgren might lack in talent in the comparison he makes up with in heart. And then some.

Thats a trade Boston looks back on with regret. He is a heart and soul type of player, and we essentially stole him for the final days of Nash. Just one of those add-in pieces that all of a sudden become crucial to your team.

Hank said it the other night that he reminds him of Girardi, and I agree. There were so many times Girardi would block a shot or take a hit or take a stick up high where people would be concerned and in my head I’d be like, “looks bad, but he’ll be fine because he’s a warrior.” Lindgren has established that already.

I said months ago he is the kind of guy who would be big come this time of year, and boy has he ever been. 

Good comparison. Who knows, if they had Lindgren for the entire Penguins series, perhaps it doesn't go seven. 

And yeah, the scouting reports I read when the Rangers first acquired him were spot on about his leadership qualities.