• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #5: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — This Is the End, My Only Friend

1 minute ago, Pistol Pete said:

Strome is useless…can’t keep his body in front of the goalie and keeps losing the battles in the corner, and throwing garbage at the net…he needs to get pissed off and start battling in front.

on the bright side...at least we won't be chasing him this offseason

need anyone with real grit...even if its another third line center

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I kind of think Igor is just blown out after the six period first game and coming back in for game two.

Fair point, I did wonder what kind of toll that 3OT would take on him both mentally and physically, especially for a goalie who's never played an actual playoff series where he was expected to win. 

You need to look where all the goals are coming from…guys in the slot with no one covering them…can’t fault the goalie and many of them…Domingue has the advantage knowing guys in the slot are covered and don’t have time to stick handle or pass.  He can just dart out from the RVH and smother shots and just over commit.  Shesty can’t do that…need the D to tighten up the home plate and cover the scoring area!

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I know it’s crazy but how bat-shit crazy would the crowd go if Henrik came out for the third period? I bet I could hear the roar in Beacon!

Like Stone Cold Steve Austin coming back at Backlash to help Mankind win the title haha.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Fair point, I did wonder what kind of toll that 3OT would take on him both mentally and physically, especially for a goalie who's never played an actual playoff series where he was expected to win. 

Seriously he's 25.  No need to make excuse he wouldn't even make.  He's been bad.  He needs to own it and be better

Just now, Pistol Pete said:

You need to look where all the goals are coming from…guys in the slot with no one covering them…can’t fault the goalie and many of them…Domingue has the advantage knowing guys in the slot are covered and don’t have time to stick handle or pass.  He can just dart out from the RVH and smother shots and just over commit.  Shesty can’t do that…need the D to tighten up the home plate and cover the scoring area!

Yeah the defense has been horseshit too. Early in the season it was bad defense with Igor covering it. Now both are bad.

1 minute ago, Pistol Pete said:

Yeah Pens have scored on 4 different things this series:

- All alone in the slot

- Deflections

- Backdoor passes for tap ins

- Off the rush

Igor's been bad, but the team is TRYING TO make life hard for him.

And Penguins have done their homework on Igor. They're constantly shooting for his 5-hole.

1 minute ago, Capt said:

Seriously he's 25.  No need to make excuse he wouldn't even make.  He's been bad.  He needs to own it and be better

He might be 25 but if he's not physically and mentally well conditioned enough for playoff hockey, then you're going to see lapses in play like we've seen the last couple games, despite the MIA defense hanging him out to dry. 

10 minutes ago, josh said:

Kakko almost in game shape. 
Lafreniere one of the best rangers this series. 

still not impressed with Chytil 

Chytil is taking the puck deep and is strong on the puck. Agree with the rest. The compete level fir the trio is through the roof, compared to everyone else. 

• Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, Winter said:

imagine if Lafreniere got in shape, he is gassed in his interview with ESPN LOL he cant even breathe 

You get in game shape by playing in games. 

i have to imagine the team would be better if those kids got some ice time this season, including PP time. It’d be helping them now

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Trade part is nuts lol. I just meant the starting Geo tonight. 

Like Vezina-Caliber goalies grow on trees, I understand the frustration but we've seen the guy all year be amazing almost top 5 all time season while carrying the team for at least the first half of the year. That's a 'flukey' goalie teams would line up to trade for.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Chytil is taking the puck deep and is strong on the puck. Agree with the rest. The compete level fir the trio is through the roof, compared to everyone else. 

Chytil still doesn’t realize he has teammates. 

• LMFAO 1

Just now, josh said:

i have to imagine the team would be better if those kids got some ice time this season, including PP time. It’d be helping them now

Maybe Turk's focus was so much on just helping this team make the playoffs that he didn't bother to plan what to do once they actually got there.

1 minute ago, josh said:

Stop it.  You have to earn it with rink turns and avoiding the net like it's infected with covid to get those minutes

Edited by Capt
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I've been on "Captain Laf" since the lottery, and it looks like I may've been on to something. Basically the only one giving a fuck this series

love the energy for sure.   my hope would be that Fox still has another level and can potentially carry the team on his back for a few seasons, maybe a C helps push him in that direction