• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MLB Suspend Dodgers Pitcher for 2 Years!

The Dude

Bauer isn't shy from speaking out against Manfred, thus the punitive suspension. 

Obviously, he and his girl were in to some freaky shit that went too far, maybe he deserves a suspension for that, I dunno, but Ozuna beat the shit out of his old lady, was charged by police, and only got 20 games, lol. Pretty hard to square that up in my mind.

Edited by Dunny
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Sooo Pasadena Police found nothing, LA DA declined to pursue anything, a judge denied a restraining order against him.  And in its infinite wisdom, MLB gave him essentially a 3 year suspension? 

Suspicious Will Smith GIF

By every account, he isn't a nice guy and he doesn't play well with others. But MLB is now setting itself as the Relationship and Sex Police in a situation where there's no criminal charges pending nor any conviction. Are they going to entertain every instance of an ex-girlfriend saying a player did not act like a perfect gentleman? That's a bizarre standard.  Seems like a stretch after the guy already lost almost a full season of earnings in a career that is limited.

Looks a lot like the Chris Hardwick situation; an ex said he was basically not a nice guy, and tried to cancel his career. But eventually AMC decided agreed with him and gave him his job back. Aziz Ansari , Kobe Bryant, Louis CK; roughly same idea; weird things that were nonetheless consensual. If you try to break down each and every aspect of a relationship or interaction and what goes on between men and women, you're gonna see some strange stuff that in the light of day looks terrible but isn't criminal. Not sure that is grounds to take away someone's livelihood for 2+ years. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Yeah, I think this is really fucked up and uncalled for. Dude had consensual rough sex with a girl a couple times and once he got his big contract she wants some of it.

Props to Bauer for not settling out of court with what looks like another gold digger. 

MLB is making a mistake here and is opening itself up for ridicule. The players association better fight hard for this guys wages. Gotta wonder if this is more of a buyers regret by the Dodgers, that is being helped out by MLB. 

Bauer is a polarizing loud mouth who doesn't fit the California scene. The Dodgers now want out of that big contract and the perceived bad PR of a guy who's views on a lot if things, don't quite fit the demograph of the area or the current state of many cities. 

It's a shame. Guy can throw a baseball. 

On 4/30/2022 at 5:28 PM, josh said:

He’s from that area

And he doesn't fit there. I'm from NY. I'm right leaning.. I didn't fit there. No I'm not comparing myself to a Cy Young winner. Just pointing out that just because you're from somewhere,  it doesn't mean you fit in.