• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#74) Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — CK50 Night

Phil

Far better than the last time we faced them. Sucks to lose on two quick goals in the third like that, but you can't play anything less than 60 full minutes and expect to beat this team on the regular. Go take out your anger on Philly tomorrow. 

Jazzed for Kreider. So fucking happy for him. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

This Ranger team is going to have an awful time go of it playoff time.  Ryan Strome is nonexistent in tight hockey games except for taking horrible penalties.  Worse of all Fox is just average at best when things tighten up.  All the extra jukes and dekes don't work and he's overmatched in his own zone.  Lastly and this is something I hate saying but the rose is really coming off Lindgren's bloom.  I love his desire and heart but he's not a top pair guy on any team raising a cup.  The Rangers are still way to East West and they become very easy to shut down by well coached teams.  You have to sustain a forecheck to win in the playoffs and this team wants/needs open ice to succeed.  It's been a great season but this team still needs major changes in my opinion.  The window hasn't even opened yet in my view and the future looks bright.  However I just don't see a playoff impact this year.

Playoff wakeup call; NYR aren't getting the time and space for a mess of pretty passes; shoot the fuckin' puck and go to the net. Want to try to get the puck to guys on the wing; they've scouted you. Go right ahead. It's another pass that can go bad. 

• VINNY! 1

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

No way you can possibly blame this game on the refs

When your team has a top PP and the penalty is in front of the ref, that's awful circumstances. Rangers definitely did not play a complete 2nd and were dominated most of the 3rd. Carolina's played this style for at least 3 yrs, Rangers are getting there in terms of pace and aggression. But game management is game management I guess...

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

No points, but I thought he played fine. I noticed him when he was on the ice.

You know who I didn't notice? Lafreniere and Kakko.

Personally I thought that bread non shot wrap around was a killer. He buries that and it’s a whole different game. 

• Keeps it 100 1

While it's great Kreider got his 50th, the MSG postgame is complete BS happytalk nonsense. This team shit the bed over the last 2 periods tonight. Gonna be playing golf in short order with this kind of shit bag effort. 

Edited by Bugg

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

While it's great Kreider got his 50th, the MSG postgame is complete BS happytalk nonsense. This team shit the bed over the last 2 periods tonight. Gonn be playing golf in short order with this kind of shit bag effort. 

Still reason to be happy I think 50 goals and playoffs clinched, that's a big step towards long term success. There's still 9 games to really put stuff together. This could've been a Kravtsov type game, no hesitation to shoot and the result may have been different.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

While it's great Kreider got his 50th, the MSG postgame is complete BS happytalk nonsense. This team shit the bed over the last 2 periods tonight. Gonn be playing golf in short order with this kind of shit bag effort. 

I honestly don't think it's an effort thing.  It's a makeup thing.  The ZIb line is fine.  Strome line is to easy to handle and I thought Panarin was ok tonight.  Strome is just to soft, to slow, and to weak to play manful hockey in a top 6 role.  At least come playoff time.  Panarin needs guys to create space for him when it tightens up, is that Strome?  Fox is a hell of a talent.  Come playoffs is he going to outscore his defensive liabilities 5on5.  3 and 4 lines are still to nondescript.  Gallant needs to load it up.  Put Copp with Goodrow and Vatrano and put Laf back on Zibs wing.  Right now the third line produces nothing and in a tight game Strome's line disappears.  It's not because they don't care, it's because they need open ice to succeed.  Not happening most nights in the playoffs

Partial games is on Miller as details matter. 3rd period with 6.31 left in the game he decides in our corner to trap the puck which lost 27 seconds, which would have gave them more time. Plus this game does matter to tie for first place and that would be back to back wins against the Canes

23 minutes ago, Capt said:

I honestly don't think it's an effort thing.  It's a makeup thing.  The ZIb line is fine.  Strome line is to easy to handle and I thought Panarin was ok tonight.  Strome is just to soft, to slow, and to weak to play manful hockey in a top 6 role.  At least come playoff time.  Panarin needs guys to create space for him when it tightens up, is that Strome?  Fox is a hell of a talent.  Come playoffs is he going to outscore his defensive liabilities 5on5.  3 and 4 lines are still to nondescript.  Gallant needs to load it up.  Put Copp with Goodrow and Vatrano and put Laf back on Zibs wing.  Right now the third line produces nothing and in a tight game Strome's line disappears.  It's not because they don't care, it's because they need open ice to succeed.  Not happening most nights in the playoffs

Then are you moving Kakko with Panarin and Strome? I do like the Copp with Goodie and Vatrano,that could be a pesky line .

9 hours ago, br-avery said:

Then are you moving Kakko with Panarin and Strome? I do like the Copp with Goodie and Vatrano,that could be a pesky line .

Yup.  They have to extend their lineup to three lines that can be a threat.  Zib,Kreider, Laf showed chemistry.  Kakko with Panarina and Strome has worked before.  Copp,Goodie,Vatrano would make for three lines that can produce.  I have more confidence in the third line than I do in the Strome line come playoff time.  

9 hours ago, Capt said:

Not really sure I agree. Panarin had a great game. That line had chances and almost buried 2 goals. Copp and Strome missed one and Strome shot high on the other. 

Panarin doesn't need anyone to make space for him. His needs capable players who he can dish the puck to and who can get it back to him. That's been Strome, in spades.

You can't call Strome slow and weak and then suggest Kakko is going to help anything. 

10 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Yeah…when the bodies start banging, Breadman is a wall flower…we’ll see what he does in the playoffs…he’d better cash in on PPs, because 5 on 5, he won’t have room.

Lol what? He's second on the team in ESG (16) and first in ESP (53).

I don't want to say it was a soft goal necessarily, but it definitely felt like the air left the balloon after that odd, kind of fluky Svechnikov goal. It was too bad because the Rangers were right there with them, even outplaying them until around the half way point of the second point. Hopefully they can regroup and pound Philadelphia who I expect will be grumpy coming off a shelling at the hands of Washington.