• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Looking Ahead

6 hours ago, josh said:

The first series is against Pittsburgh. I usually don’t care about home ice advantage, but I think you want it for this series. It could be the last Hoorah for the Pens core, and we don’t need to be playing against the refs/league. 

Home ice never really stops such things against teams like that. Especially in a last hoorah situation,  or a Tom Wilson flagrant rag doll and taunt.   

The Rangers never really get home ice treatment that I can remember. 

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Home ice never really stops such things against teams like that. Especially in a last hoorah situation,  or a Tom Wilson flagrant rag doll and taunt.   

True but you'd have to assume the MSG fans are gonna be animals in the playoffs. It's been a while since we've seen meaningful hockey. I think that's an advantage. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don’t disagree, but every bit helps. Loud home crowd. 

• VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Eh, its possible but not likely.  Canes have a game in hand.  Plus besides playing the Rangers 2x, Col, Minnesota, every game they have is vs. teams below .500

Yeah, it would be hard to unseat the 'canes from first place, penguins on the other are pretty much given in the first round. So is the outcome of the first round of the playoff:

round_1.jpg

After that, all bets are off...

All of this is predicated on Igor staying healthy.

Avoid slipping into a wild card slot which seems likely but not a mortal lock and then beat the Pens.  Carolina is tough but doable.

We have matched up well against all of the "beasts" in the Atlantic (Panthers, Lightning, Maple Leafs and Bruins) so I have good feelings about meeting any of those teams if we reach the conference finals.

We have been overmatched by both Calgary and Colorado this year (twice each) so I am not real confident about our chances against either of them.  Those games were before our trade deadline additions so there is that but a run to the finals would be house money and way more than my wildest dreams at the start of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

2 Points out of first place, with 7 to go.  

Legit shot at winning the division.

Carolina has 2 home and 5 road games left, Rangers have 5 home and only 2 road games left.

Ironically enough, Rangers will be rooting for Islanders and Devils to try to knock off Hurricanes.

Barring a losing streak, probably comes down to the last game with Carolina on the 26th

Finish strong, boys!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 5:02 PM, The Dude said:

Yeah. See?

This is some bullshit. More tilted than ever.