• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#67) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins — "We're Ugly and We're Proud!" - The Penguins (Probably)

Sometimes I'm amazed at how well these former tough guys are at "X's and O's".  Rupp, I never considered a "skilled" player.  Guys like Berube, Fotiu, Grimson, and the like are pretty damn good at breaking this plays down and pointing out these special talents....and I thought all they could ever do was drop 'em!!  LOL

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

last 6 games:

W vs Tampa
W vs Carolina
L vs Devils

W vs Pens
W vs Buffalo
W vs Pens

The "can't beat good team" narrative is dead now. Shesterkin didn't have to steal any of these games (althought Geo stole the one vs Canes), the 5v5 play has been a lot better and we're finally getting depth scoring.

Igor has obviously been amazing and carried the team through some rough games, but I have to give credz to Drury and Galant. Every time we notice something bad or something that needs to be adjusted, they get it done. The improvement from game to game is obvious to see. The way the team never gives up or very rarely shits the bed (fuck Devils) like they used to do all the time before. No more goals in the first or last minute of the game, a lot less stupid penalties.

I just feel like this team is always ready to play, something that was rarely the case under Quinn. They go into every game believing they can win and they just keeps on going no matter what happens during the game.

Still a long way to go, but this team really makes you believe, and I guess that's all we can hope for at the moment. Bring on the playoffs!

More than the recent record and who they're beating (that's gravy), I'm finally beginning to feel like this team is in a place where they can play competitive playoff style hockey and go toe-to-toe for 7 games against a tough opponent and that's been great to see in this recent stretch. 

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

Quarter of the forwards - our d is the envy of the nhl

Sure, but they still added Braun and flipping a quarter of the forwards doesn't make it better.

Also, I would say the packaging of the D is the envy of the league...The product had been quite sub par in terms of defensive metrics.