• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#57) Rangers at Minnesota Wild — Streaking Down the Road [Trip]

Just now, pws85nyr said:

Lol dude it was a joke, hence the fact I laughed ffs.

I said something, you interpreted it the wrong way which is absolutely fine and I get why might have though that, I then clarified basically saying what I said is exactly the same as you, as in we agree. Then you tell me to be less vague when you

interreted my comment wrong, even after I explained it, so I just wise crack I’m not wrong.

But sure I’ll try and be less vague.

I guess? Usually when I’m telling a joke I don’t crack out the dictionary of expressions but I’ll buy the next round  just so we are good.  Jameson on me ! 

1 minute ago, AliveIn94 said:

Kakko could up his play if he's healthy, that's at least a top 9 guy.

Kakko helps stabilize. He adds very little offense. He was pacing like 11 goals this year.

If it were me, I'd go hard after someone like Hertl (since I don't think Giroux or Pavelski are attainable anymore). That's your 2RW. I also acquire unspectacular but solid third-liners and penalty-killers like Lehkonen/Brown/Tierney.

When healthy:

KZL
Panarin-Strome/Hertl
Lehkonen-Tierney-Kakko

Goodrow-Rooney-Reaves

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I guess? Usually when I’m telling a joke I don’t crack out the dictionary of expressions but I’ll buy the next round  just so we are good.  Jameson on me ! 

Jokes come in all shapes and sizes Keirik, you should now that being a Man United fan…

…now that was a joke lol.

Never one to pass up a drink though 🍻 all good buddy

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Kakko helps stabilize. He adds very little offense. He was pacing like 11 goals this year.

If it were me, I'd go hard after someone like Hertl (since I don't think Giroux or Pavelski are attainable anymore). That's your 2RW. I also acquire unspectacular but solid third-liners and penalty-killers like Lehkonen/Brown/Tierney.

When healthy:

KZL
Panarin-Strome/Hertl
Lehkonen-Tierney-Kakko

Goodrow-Rooney-Reaves

I actually starting to think Giroux could be a real target. Philly scouts have been in Hartford lately, and we’ve been scouting Flyer games. Could be a deal to be made.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yup. The reason most teams wait to the deadline itself is due to cap room accrual that makes it easier to accommodate the later you wait. They don't have this problem.

Exactly. It’s a major advantage and a bit of inexperience I assume that Drury isn’t taking advantage of this. That’s the only thing I can think of or that all his targets are on teams still on the cusp of contention. I mean fuck it. Pay the high price for a Kane then and get a third team in for major retention. Convince Fleury a cup run even as a backup is better to reunite with Gallant and possibly face Pitt is than it is to decay in Chicago. 

2 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

Man, Fox is looking over his shoulder at every opportunity…he must still be hurt…making lots of poor decisions and avoiding getting hit at all costs…

Lol it’s been said like 4x on here tonight. He looks like shit.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I actually starting to think Giroux could be a real target. Philly scouts have been in Hartford lately, and we’ve been scouting Flyer games. Could be a deal to be made.

There's absolutely a deal to be made, I just don't think one will materialize because NHL teams are stupid and hold themselves to superstitious unwritten laws like not trading in your own division/conference. Eichel was the most recent example of this.

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Exactly. It’s a major advantage and a bit of inexperience I assume that Drury isn’t taking advantage of this. That’s the only thing I can think of or that all his targets are on teams still on the cusp of contention. I mean fuck it. Pay the high price for a Kane then and get a third team in for major retention. Convince Fleury a cup run even as a backup is better to reunite with Gallant and possibly face Pitt is than it is to decay in Chicago. 

Nah, I don't think it's inexperience at all. I think the selling teams just aren't saying yes, because they want bidding wars (that may never materialize). I don't think for one second Drury is "happy" with Hunt as his 2RW. He knows exactly what they need, but he needs a willing partner to make it happen.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nah, I don't think it's inexperience at all. I think the selling teams just aren't saying yes, because they want bidding wars (that may never materialize). I don't think for one second Drury is "happy" with Hunt as his 2RW. He knows exactly what they need, but he needs a willing partner to make it happen.

Quite possible. But at least in my eyes there’s been a tad of inexperience here and there but that’s a conversational opinion road we’ve been down with some signings, trades, roster management. 

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

There's absolutely a deal to be made, I just don't think one will materialize because NHL teams are stupid and hold themselves to superstitious unwritten laws like not trading in your own division/conference. Eichel was the most recent example of this.

For sure. I, myself, was skeptical about it. But reading what I read about Friedman saying that Colorado may be looking elsewhere, and that the 3 teams he’s heard as involved were us, Florida and Boston has me thinking. Florida seems most likely, and most aggressive. I read they were heavily scouting one of Florida’s top prospects (forget the name; in the AHL). He said we’ve kicked the tires on him, and there’s been scouting back and forth between the two.

But I get what you’re saying. It was definitely the case with Eichel.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

For sure. I, myself, was skeptical about it. But reading what I read about Friedman saying that Colorado may be looking elsewhere, and that the 3 teams he’s heard as involved were us, Florida and Boston has me thinking. Florida seems most likely, and most aggressive. I read they were heavily scouting one of Florida’s top prospects (forget the name; in the AHL). He said we’ve kicked the tires on him, and there’s been scouting back and forth between the two.

But I get what you’re saying. It was definitely the case with Eichel.

I wish it weren't the case, especially for a player who you can literally just re-sign if you want him back that badly this summer (Flyers). I just think they'll see the calls from the Rangers and the Panthers and say "fuck the Rangers, go with Florida."

1 minute ago, AliveIn94 said:

We were behind the entire 3rd period, I can understand sitting on your hands a little haha.

They’ve lost the last 6 of 7 and just beat a high flying Rangers team. And what? No standing ovation for the last minute of play? They’re all higher than I was in college. And that’s saying something.