• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#52) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins — At Last We Meet for the First Time for the Last Time

Drew a Penalty

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Carolina is the only team in our division that scares me. 
Panarin has to find a way to come up big in these tight games eventually.  

Carolina would be a nightmare. Not just for us, but like you said for anyone. I do think we stand a decent chance vs. DC. But Pittsburgh is who I would want. 

Let’s take a step back. We lost 1-0 in what felt like a playoff game. It’s a good test for this team in game 52 or so just to start seeing where adjustments are needed just in the games of everyone on the roster right now. They did not get blown away. They did not look outmatched. They did not 100% play with ice tilted against them. 

It’s a rather harmless way to be taught a bit of a lessen while still having two games in hand with the team that we just lost to. They do not scare me. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

1 minute ago, CBrowningPI said:

Jones had another solid game with very few mistakes that weren't terrible. He was noticable. 

He was pretty good, but he really started forcing some risky plays as the game went on. He needs to play it a little safer especially on that icing with under 3 minutes to go. He's trying to spring Gauthier with guys in front of him and not much time for Gauthier to build any steam.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Let’s take a step back. We lost 1-0 in what felt like a playoff game. It’s a good test for this team in game 52 or so just to start seeing where adjustments are needed just in the games of everyone on the roster right now. They did not get blown away. They did not look outmatched. They did not 100% play with ice tilted against them. 

It’s a rather harmless way to be taught a bit of a lessen while still having two games in hand with the team that we just lost to. They do not scare me. 

I don't think anyone is overreacting so what need is there for a step back? The Rangers problems are what they've consistently been. They can't score 5v5 because there's no depth on this team. The Penguins have a top PK in the league. You can't ride the powerplay against them.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yup. It’s fixable stuff. Improve depth.

Also, more often than not, I like our PP’s chances of converting over the course of the game. They just didn’t do it today, but the Pens did. It happens.

10 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I don't think anyone is overreacting so what need is there for a step back? The Rangers problems are what they've consistently been. They can't score 5v5 because there's no depth on this team. The Penguins have a top PK in the league. You can't ride the powerplay against them.

I just meant let's take a big picture look at this game rather than anything else

We were gonna lose one of those tight ones eventually.  It was a good game overall and could have gone either way.

I am sure there is a tendency towards reading more into this one result than is really there.  Neither team has made its trade deadline moves and one team (ours) has way more room to maneuver than the other. 

Good game and we will get them next time.

10 hours ago, Valriera said:

What a game that was - playoffs gonna be a treat for however long we last if that’s how the games look.

really need to upgrade that 2nd line wing and some non ahl fourth line talent and I think we’re pretty hard to beat. 

Encouraging signs that they could play an ugly game and compete in the slog, but they need to score. 

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Encouraging signs that they could play an ugly game and compete in the slog, but they need to score. 

Ugly/chippy game, where Pittsburgh out "chipped" the Rangers. The consistently being inconsistent is still remaining from last year, except for Shesterkin. If this hasn't been addressed after 52 games, it is unlikely that it will be in the next 30 games. Maybe with some trade this will change, but I don't have much hope for that.

It is increasingly likely, that the first round of the playoff will have Pittsburgh vs. NYR. The only question remains is the home field advantage. In either case, Pittsburgh has a ton of experience in playoff games and displayed that yesterday, The Rangers really need to shape up to advance from the first round.

Of course I am hoping that they will, but would not bet on it...

2 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

Ugly/chippy game, where Pittsburgh out "chipped" the Rangers. The consistently being inconsistent is still remaining from last year, except for Shesterkin. If this hasn't been addressed after 52 games, it is unlikely that it will be in the next 30 games. Maybe with some trade this will change, but I don't have much hope for that.

It is increasingly likely, that the first round of the playoff will have Pittsburgh vs. NYR. The only question remains is the home field advantage. In either case, Pittsburgh has a ton of experience in playoff games and displayed that yesterday, The Rangers really need to shape up to advance from the first round.

Of course I am hoping that they will, but would not bet on it...

obviously the only way to change it is by trades, the likes of McKegg, Hunt, etc aren’t going to suddenly get better

Welcome back once again, folks!!  Tough one yesterday, but definitely showing positive signs that "WE BELONG"....It would be great if we could dent the twine though....We'll get there, I'm confident!

That being said, here are the Top 10 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by ABC, the only network guaranteed to make you feel the signs of vertigo watching their camera angles!

21 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

ESPN's broadcast is such garbage.

20 hours ago, Keirik said:

Gallant learning. Don’t have Strome on in the final seconds 

20 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I realize my error. Don't select the IceCast view on Hulu. That's the cursed mode.

20 hours ago, Bugg said:

Were they trying to get people seasick with that high camera angle? 

20 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Got vertigo.

20 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Watching Strome makes my dick limp.

19 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Is it just me or does Gord Murphy look like the early stages of an Animorph rat?

19 hours ago, Keirik said:

I was at the supermarket and saw a men's soap that said. “Smell like Sasquatch.”

I was like ppppffft, I don’t need no soap for that!

19 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

McKegg and Gauthier on the same line is a sick form of torture.

17 hours ago, Pete said:

This is where it all turned sideways for you. 

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to The Big K @Keirik

Hey big man, I thought smelling like a Sasquatch was the "in-thing" these days!!!

Back to it tonight, fellas!  Looking for a big outburst after tossing up a doughnut yesterday!

• Thanks 1