• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sean Avery Signs With ECHL Orlando; Released Two Days Later

Lord Al

• Phil changed the title to Sean Avery Signs With ECHL Orlando

His podcast is great. He's a pretty good interviewer, and has made obvious strides over his reading of his book for Audible, which was pretty bad.

The guy that supports his podcast is pretty good, too.

What do people have against his podcast other than subject matter?

As for his comeback, he claims to be in fantastic shape, which I would believe, and I would wager he'd be able to have some success in the ECHL if he rides it out, but he topped out as a 3rd liner in the NHL ten years ago, so I can't fathom his comeback getting past the ECHL stage.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

His podcast is great. He's a pretty good interviewer, and has made obvious strides over his reading of his book for Audible, which was pretty bad.

As for his comeback, he claims to be in fantastic shape, which I would believe, and I would wager he'd be able to have some success in the ECHL if he rides it out, but he topped out as a 3rd liner in the NHL ten years ago, so I can't fathom his comeback getting past the ECHL stage.

He claims that if you can bang, you will have worth to an NHL team, because there aren't many that do it. Said he thinks he can walk on the Lightning next season. 

I'd imagine he has a big target on his back in that league, as someone would love to make a name for themselves by taking him out. 

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Comeback? I don't see it as a comeback at all. It's a stunt. He's 41. He's been out of the league for 10 years. It's a nice way to sell tickets if you're an ECHL team. It's sort of a sad way to stay in the limelight if you're Avery. I can't see any other reason for it.

Stunt all the way. Take a look at the Solar Bears schedule , he's gonna love all the bus rides, 3 games in 5 days, staying in shit hotels, eating shit food.  Their schedule is tough over the next few weeks even more so than the normal ECHL avg schedule because of covid. Odds are slim he even makes it through the end of the regular season. He'll be good for attendance, unless he goes full heal even with the home fans, especially with the ECHL teams being so heavily reliant on fan events etc. with the players.

Edited by jsrangers

53 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Why is it sad?

Because he’s a has been. He’s over 40, hasn’t in over a decade and is irrelevant at this point in life. He spent the last 3+ years of his NHL career trying to convince everyone he doesn’t even like hockey and doesn’t need it then at 40+ tries lacing em up again. It seems pathetic to me. 

15 hours ago, Dunny said:

Ive listened a couple of times and thought it was stupid. I think the episode has been taken down but he had the My Pillow guy on for one episode at one point. I'm fine with everyone on all sides having their right to speak their mind and whatnot, but that's absolutely looney toons to give someone like that air time

2 hours ago, br-avery said:

His podcasts are pretty good without being a homer 

And when did he say he dislikes hockey?

Guy has been watching games for last couple years posting insta stories and his thoughts.

He quit at 31 and said he threw his skates in the Hudson River. Was that for the love of the game?