• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Netflix Announces Four New Dave Chappelle Comedy Specials

Phil

The streamer announced Friday the release of four upcoming comedy specials executive produced and hosted by the controversial comic.

The series of specials is dubbed Chappelle’s Home Team and each will feature a different comic introduced by Chappelle.

The first to be featured is Earthquake, and his special, called Earthquake: Legendary, premieres on Feb. 28. Another special will spotlight Donnell Rawlings. One similarity shared by all the featured comics is they’ve been in the stand-up game for at least 30 years.

“I’ve been doing this a long time and comedians like Quake and Donnell are not only friends but have inspired my own career,” Chappelle said. “Anyone in the comedy community knows these names and knows their time to shine is long overdue. I am proud to be a part of this moment.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/netflix-dave-chappelle-comedy-specials-1235096399/

• The Chyt! 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I'm out of the loop. Can you expand on how him being attacked proves his point?

I might be wrong here, but a man with painted nails jumping on the scene to attack him (apperently he had a gun/weapon with him aswell, not sure if this is confirmed) for telling jokes about this persons "group" clearly proves his point about that "group" being pushed by radicals.

If you're totally out of loop - It all started with the comedian doing comics. Radical transactivists got real mad. Been back and forth for a little while. Should check out his last special if you're interested, he addresses it nicely there.

Ah, do we know that this was a transactivist? I'm not saying you're wrong. It certainly tracks with the temperature around this, but I want to be careful before we ascribe motive.

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

Ah, do we know that this was a transactivist? I'm not saying you're wrong. It certainly tracks with the temperature around this, but I want to be careful before we ascribe motive.

Yeah I guess. I might be wrong, although I don't think I am.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/04/neighbors-remember-dave-chappelles-attacker-isaiah-lee-for-arguments/

This article paints him more as a "wannabe-gangster" type, but a planned attack on Chappelle (he had a knife with him) together with his feminine look (is that allowed to say?) I'm leaning towards him being an activist.

The brothers often talked about being from New York, with Taylor claiming Lee meant that as a brag to say “New Yorkers don’t take any crap from anybody.”

Might just be a kid with a messed up ego and some mental disorders who snapped for something random.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dave-chappelle-assault-historic-performances-175549879.html

Lee, an aspiring rapper whose verified NoName_Trapper Spotify account has 5,700 listeners, previously released a 2020 song titled "Dave Chappell" (sic). In the song, he seemingly references the famed L.A. venue where the attack took place, saying, "Walkin’ straight into da Bowl."

That's all the info they have on the guy in the follow up article.