• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CGY Acquire Tyler Toffoli From MTL for 1st, 5th, Tyler Pitlick, Emil Heinemann

Phil

• Phil changed the title to CGY Acquire Tyler Toffoli From MTL for 1st, 5th, Prospect
  • Phil changed the title to CGY Acquire Tyler Toffoli From MTL for 1st, 5th, Tyler Pitlick, Prospect
  • Phil changed the title to CGY Acquire Tyler Toffoli From MTL for 1st, 5th, Tyler Pitlick, Emil Heinemann
19 minutes ago, Keirik said:

That's pretty steep. He's a great player but having a very mediocre year this year

They're paying for two things:

1 - The assumption that Vancouver and MTL 20-21 Toffoli is the "real" player. 

2 - He's signed through 23-24 at a really good number for a guy that scored at nearly a point a game when he wasn't on this year's Habs.

It's a lot for a guy who's having a tough year, but a worthy gamble.

2 minutes ago, G1000 said:

They're paying for two things:

1 - The assumption that Vancouver and MTL 20-21 Toffoli is the "real" player. 

2 - He's signed through 23-24 at a really good number for a guy that scored at nearly a point a game when he wasn't on this year's Habs.

It's a lot for a guy who's having a tough year, but a worthy gamble.

Oh definitely. The term is the big thing especially since they are losing Gaudreau this offseason and have to deal with Tkachuk. Cost effective and with term. 

Just.... Like..... 

Calgary impressed me more than any other team we’ve played this season. Granted both games were early, and most of us agree that this team does need some help, but not many teams have skated circles around us. Calgary did…twice. They can be a very dangerous team out West. I feel like everyone in the hockey world does all their talking about teams like Colorado and Florida and Carolina, and a few others. And rightfully so. But I feel like Calgary kind of flies under the radar. I think they’re a very legit win-now team. 

I don't see why this is so bad? Pitlick is a cap throw-in, Heinemann is a "meh" prospect that likely won't be anything. Don't really care about a 5th round pick either so the deal is a 1st + 3 very low value pieces for a player that's proven he can play in the playoffs (14 in 22 last season) and is on a good contract for two more seasons after this. I would say the prize is totally fair tbh.

Gourde earns 1m more, plays center and is a cup winner, but besides that they're pretty similar in terms of production and both are cost-controlled for a couple more years. If we can get Gourde for a package like this I do it immediately. Chytil, Nemeth, 1st, 5th? Easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1