• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brian Flores Sues NFL, Claiming Bias in Giants Coaching Search

Blue Heaven

He's probably aware, that Lawsuit also alledges the Broncos showing up to his Interview drunk/hungover and the league openly saying white players have "better baseline cognitive function" than black players.

You can read it in full here:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/2/1/22913113/former-dolphins-coach-flores-suing-nfl-alleging-racism-in-hiring-process

Kind of strange that the NFL makes a rule to  interview minorities and now a team is being sued alleging they only interviewed him because he was a minority.  

If they had their minds made up for Daboll that's wrong but is it racist?  Wasn't every interview a sham?  

Edited by Bieser
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

What exactly is the racism here? That they hired a white dude instead of him? The article doesn't say anything and I'm not gonna read 58 pages lol.

They hired a white guy without interviewing a minority at all. They only brought him in to check the box. 

• Phil changed the title to Brian Flores Sues NFL, Claiming Bias in Giants Coaching Search
5 hours ago, Keirik said:

What exactly is racist about all of this? That teams had their guy already targeted before his interview? 

id have a hell of a lot bigger problem with the Dolphins higher up offering him money to lose. 

He won't be able to proof anything I guess, so he is going for a broad swing at the entire system.

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

What exactly is racist about all of this? That teams had their guy already targeted before his interview? 

id have a hell of a lot bigger problem with the Dolphins higher up offering him money to lose. 

The issue is that they "hired" Daboll before the Flores interview, so essentially making a sham interview to uphold the Rooney Rule to interview a minority.  

Flores is saying he didnt have a chance b/c the Giants already made up their mind, so essentially he's claiming racism more so in the broad NFL spectrum that a lot of interviews done with minorities is basically a sham, he cites also the Denver Broncos.  Its "fine" that the Giants had their guy, however the Belichick texts and Boomer Esiason's sports minute is pretty much the smoking gun where Flores has a case.  

Now as far as the Dolphins, please for the love of god make Ross sell the team.  However, I think the racism issue that might come out of the Flores issue is a little bigger than the integrity of the league, systemic racism which Flores is basically insinuating is a national problem.  

2 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

He won't be able to proof anything I guess, so he is going for a broad swing at the entire system.

How, their are text messages from Belichick, and a Boomer Esiason sports minute that implicates the Giants already hired Daboll before the Flores interview.  

As far as the Dolphins thing, apparently he has text messages about that too.  

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

How, their are text messages from Belichick, and a Boomer Esiason sports minute that implicates the Giants already hired Daboll before the Flores interview.  

As far as the Dolphins thing, apparently he has text messages about that too.  

Haven't seen the Boomer messages, but Belichick can easily be twisted into "yeah we told him we were hot on Daboll, but we had not made a final decision yet".

If he can proof the Dolphins thing, that would be already a win.

5 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

Belichick can easily be twisted into "yeah we told him we were hot on Daboll, but we had not made a final decision yet".

No, it really can't...for a civil case it's not reasonable doubt, it's preponderance of evidence.

There is no jury naive enough to believe Belicheck just had the wrong info vs Belicheck texted the wrong person. 

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm still struggling to see the racism here. They hired the guy they wanted and did a "fake interview" to uphold a weird rule that says you HAVE to interview a black person. If anything that rule is the only thing that's close to racism in my eyes.

I didn't think it needed explanation but here we go...

The same systematic racism that exists all over society also pervades the NFL. When the Rooney Rule was adopted there was 1 Black head coach. That's just not reflective of a sport dominated by Black people. 

Now, the Rooney Rule says you need to interview at least one minority before hiring your coach. When you decide to hire a white person before it even hearing what a Black person has to say, and you're only interviewing a Black person to check a box, that's a racist hiring practice.

Again, I'm not really sure why that needs to be explained. How could you possibly know you have the best candidate when you haven't met all the candidates? 

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

I didn't think it needed explanation but here we go...

The same systematic racism that exists all over society also pervades the NFL. When the Rooney Rule was adopted there was 1 Black head coach. That's just not reflective of a sport dominated by Black people. 

Now, the Rooney Rule says you need to interview at least one minority before hiring your coach. When you decide to hire a white person before it even hearing what a Black person has to say, and you're only interviewing a Black person to check a box, that's a racist hiring practice.

Again, I'm not really sure why that needs to be explained. How could you possibly know you have the best candidate when you haven't met all the candidates? 

and their is still 1 black head coach

I get what you're saying, but to me that's not racism. There was probably 10+ other white guys they could interview for the job, but they found their guy. I just don't understand what that has to do with the skin color of the other candidate.

So if they just did the interview 4 days earlier, but still chose the white guy there's no racism here? The racist part is that they did the fake interview (that they're forced to by law) after they already made up their mind?

If they had no interest in Flores at all because of information they had, but needed to interview a black person because a rule says so. Is that racism? Or is that "making a choice based on the information you have and being a douchebag to a guy because you have to follow a rule"?

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

If they had no interest in Flores at all because of information they had, but needed to interview a black person because a rule says so. Is that racism?

Yes LOL.

Is it so hard to bring in a black candidate you have interest in before making your decision?

If that answer is "yes", they're probably racist. 

There are no Black owners in the NFL, there is only one Black head coach in the NFL... That is not coincidence, that is racism. That's why the Rooney Rule exists and the fact is it's not doing enough.

The league is 58% Black players today forget about all time, you're telling me they can only find one head coach?

Edited by Pete

So if you don't interview a black person it's automatically racism? That's interesting.

Being a player and a HC is two VERY different things. Have there been a lot of former black players coming out and saying they want a HC role, but didn't get one? Seriously asking, I'm not following the NFL so closely.

All I'm saying is that you need really solid proof that they made the decision based on the skin color of the persons involved, not judge it racist because they found their guy early and he happened to be white.

7 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

So if you don't interview a black person it's automatically racism? That's interesting.

Being a player and a HC is two VERY different things. Have there been a lot of former black players coming out and saying they want a HC role, but didn't get one? Seriously asking, I'm not following the NFL so closely.

All I'm saying is that you need really solid proof that they made the decision based on the skin color of the persons involved, not judge it racist because they found their guy early and he happened to be white.

Eric Bienemy?!?!  

9 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

If you're an owner in a sport that is dominated by black players and you can't find a qualified black person to interview  let alone hire, you're probably a racist. 

• Like 1