• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Manchester United Forward Mason Greenwood Arrested on Suspicion of Rape, Assault

Keirik

So disappointed as a United fan. My god this is pretty damning

Manchester United announced on Sunday that they are suspending striker Mason Greenwood after extremely disturbing images and audio clips surfaced online, showing injuries that Greenwood allegedly inflicted on his girlfriend and audio of him allegedly sexually assaulting her. 

"Mason Greenwood will not return to training or play matches until further notice," the statement read. In a statement released earlier on Sunday, ManU said they were "aware of images and allegations circulating on social media," and "will not make any further comment until the facts have been established."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/manchester-united-suspends-mason-greenwood-after-disturbing-photos-abuse-allegations-surface-171656437.html

Meh. Not that I care, I rarely play Fifa and he sucks there anyway, but I don't really like this.

All we KNOW is that police has taken him into questioning and that United has suspended him from training etc until the situation is resolved. Now the evidence looks bad and I'm not defending the guy at all, but I just don't like this new way of the society being the judge in things like this.

I just don't see the reason for EA to do this besides virtue signaling.

3 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Meh. Not that I care, I rarely play Fifa and he sucks there anyway, but I don't really like this.

All we KNOW is that police has taken him into questioning and that United has suspended him from training etc until the situation is resolved. Now the evidence looks bad and I'm not defending the guy at all, but I just don't like this new way of the society being the judge in things like this.

I just don't see the reason for EA to do this besides virtue signaling.

I think Nike did this as well. They separated themselves from him. I get what you’re saying since he’s not technically “guilty” as of now but I think every sponsor has a right to remove themselves from someone is surrounded in controversy.

As for Greenwood himself. I mean it’s very damning. The audio clip alone which 100% is his voice is damning enough as it is. 

Edited by Keirik

"Greater Manchester Police also said in a statement released on Tuesday that they have been given a second extension to question Greenwood, 20, having previously been given an extension on Monday."

"Following enquiries so far, he has since been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill."

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4583432/man-uniteds-mason-greenwood-further-arrested-on-sexual-assault-charge

It's not looking good for him.