• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

ESPN Bold Predictions - Shesterkin for Hart? We. Win the Cup?

LindG1000

14 minutes ago, CCCP said:

so you think Richter was a better goalie than Hank? or Cam Ward? or Corey Crawford? or Matt Murray?  they all won the cup.  

i think in general you could be a better goalie just by having better stats.  Winning the cup is a team achievement. 

But

my OP stated that Shesty does not have Hank's longevity and experience, therefore you cant go by records throughout careers.  We've watched Hank for 15 years and couple of seasons of Shesty, who do you think is a better goaltender? IMO apart from getting hurt every couple of months, Shesty is a better, more acrobatic and more athletic goalie.

Hanks the best goalie to ever play for the Rangers. Like I said, on a game to game basis, I really like what I see from Shesty. He's rock solid and super calm in goal. But you can't discount track record. Track record is everything.

It would be absurd to measure a guy who played one game and got a shut out against a 15 year pro who won a vezina and three cups. Know what I mean? 

The only thing Hank failed to do in his time as a Ranger was win a cup, so in Igor's case, he needs to break a few of Hanks records AND win a cup to be considered the best to ever wear the sweater.

Edited by ThirtyONE
  • Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Phil said:

Look at the gap between Hank and everyone else.

People really take Hank for granted. He's the only reason this team sniffed a cup to be honest. He almost willed them to one. We were not a powerhouse at all of a team. We were opportunistic and had the ultimate competitor and brick wall behind us.

• Keeps it 100 2

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

People really take Hank for granted. He's the only reason this team sniffed a cup to be honest. He almost willed them to one. We were not a powerhouse at all of a team. We were opportunistic and had the ultimate competitor and brick wall behind us.

He was our generational talent.  He just happen to be playing a position that can only do so much as far as helping to win.

• Like 1