• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jordan Subban Faces Racist Gesture During ECHL Game

Karan

Alright so I’m coming in on this late and I do get that context is important l but if the kid wasn’t even thinking in a “racist manner” as in meant a racist intent then how is he really supposed to realize right in that moment that a shrug flex or whatever you call that would be taken in a racist manner? 

we have come a long way, but sometimes it seems we are looking for racism in the minutiae of an event that might otherwise just be what it was on the surface. 

I don’t know, this is a weird one. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 2

On 1/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, Keirik said:

Alright so I’m coming in on this late and I do get that context is important l but if the kid wasn’t even thinking in a “racist manner” as in meant a racist intent then how is he really supposed to realize right in that moment that a shrug flex or whatever you call that would be taken in a racist manner? 

we have come a long way, but sometimes it seems we are looking for racism in the minutiae of an event that might otherwise just be what it was on the surface. 

I don’t know, this is a weird one. 

Yea I think intent is important here. How you prove that? I dunno.

Did he make any noises or say anything when he did it? Can’t ruin this guys life when it isn’t even clear if he did anything wrong. 

if he did though then fuck him. 

• Applause 1