• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Phil

The look and feel is right. There’s still something that feels off, but for me that’s probably the inconsistencies between what I expect based on lore and what they’ve chosen to create. It’s not bad, but it hasn’t hit its stride that I’m motivated to watch. I’m watching because I feel like I need something to watch. I’ve yet to grow interested in a particular character.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, Phil said:

Why is Arondir dumb?

Reveal hidden contents

The plan to escape the Orc dig camps?

I really didn't feel he was all that dumb. Halbrand, either.

Spoiler

I might be too harsh on them, but that escape attempt was weak lol. And Halbrand went on some kind of suicide mission that made zero sense. First he was hostile, then he became friendly, then he stole from them, then he tried to be friendly again just to beat the shit out of a few of the men, just to get prisoned. What was the point in all that lol.

The only thing this is really missing is the writing quality in the first few seasons of Game of Thrones characters for it to be a 10/10 for me. Admittedly that is a hard bar to compare to but I think the show is that good. I do get it, the original  LotR books have always been full of characters that are one dimensional, with the exception of course being Galadriel herself, but it's the only piece of this show that really is blah to me so far. The rest? Fantastically made, paced, acted, told, everything, and I absolutely love how scary the orcs are here. Even my wife is enjoying the show and I can't get her to watch anything.

• Like 1