• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Looking for Bank Recommendations

Keirik

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

I've been happy with Chase. For no reason other than I love the app and I don't have to think about it.

They have great features like credit monitoring and auto-save tools.

How are they with fraud protection if you know? 

5 minutes ago, Keirik said:

They're good. I get a text every now and then asking about charges if they seem suspect. You can also freeze your account from the app of you see a transaction that's isn't yours. 

I've got no complaints. 

• Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Bank of America. Never had an issue with them. Keep the change is a nice feature and the app is flawless. 

my parents have Citibank and it’s amazing how much better Bank of America is. 

Tell me more about this keep the change thingy lol 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Tell me more about this keep the change thingy lol 

Basically if you spend $1.75 it rounds it up to $2 and throws that .25c into your savings account. Over time it saves you a nice chunk of change and you obviously don’t notice because it’s such a small subtraction with each purchase. 

bank Ameri-deals are good too: cash back for certain a things you buy (it changes) 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Good. My wife has a habit of canceling charges/reverse payments if she doesn't get what she wants. They don't even question. 

We have to notify them when we travel so we don't get flagged or cards blocked. If we don't, we usually get a text about it.

Another time random charges showed up and they reversed it immediately.

They've also given us great interest rates before purchases. We never used them, as we were always countered with lower rates for 2 cars and houses, but it made negotiations easy. 

12 minutes ago, siddious said:

Bank of America. Never had an issue with them. Keep the change is a nice feature and the app is flawless. 

my parents have Citibank and it’s amazing how much better Bank of America is. 

Keep the change is interesting.

I had BoA awhile back and always got random charges (From the bank). I waiting until they had a free check special (because they were making me pay), ordered as many as I could, closed the account as soon as they arrived. 

2 minutes ago, josh said:

Keep the change is interesting.

I had BoA awhile back and always got random charges (From the bank). I waiting until they had a free check special (because they were making me pay), ordered as many as I could, closed the account as soon as they arrived. 

🤣🤣🤣

never had an issue with random charges. As long as you keep a certain amount of money in your account there’s no over draft fees and things like that but I think that’s pretty normal with most banks. 

1 minute ago, siddious said:

🤣🤣🤣

never had an issue with random charges. As long as you keep a certain amount of money in your account there’s no over draft fees and things like that but I think that’s pretty normal with most banks. 

Wasn't overdraft or deposit amounts. I was single and had money back then 

• LOL 1

25 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Chase here too.  I agree the app is great, as is their website.  We recently got a loan through Teacher's Fed and my goodness their website is terrible.  As soon as the money cleared I took everything out of TFCU and moved it to Chase.  

My car loan is through tfcu and I can confirm it’s awful 

I've had Capital one forever. Great with fraudulent charges. App works great. Locations all over NY, and out of state (nothing by me though). 

TD bank seemed like the choice to switch to not too long ago. Looks like theybare closing a lot of locations. Odd as most of their locations were new buildings.  

I'm actually seeing less Chase in the NJ and PA area. Odd as there's one every 10 miles on LI.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Really good. I've had a few times where my card was used for some real weird shit (I once went to buy Christmas gifts two miles from my house and got a flag that my card had been used to buy Mongolian food in downtown Kathmandu) and they caught it (and reversed it) very quickly. 

1 minute ago, G1000 said:

Really good. I've had a few times where my card was used for some real weird shit (I once went to buy Christmas gifts two miles from my house and got a flag that my card had been used to buy Mongolian food in downtown Kathmandu) and they caught it (and reversed it) very quickly. 

Now I know why you were so curious about that Himalayan food I was eating last season lol 

• LOL 1