• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers are in the 'Chychrun Sweepstakes'

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Rangers are in the 'Chychrun Sweepstakes'

Wonder if this is what Friedman was hinting at in the latest 32 Thoughts?

10. Stealth add: Rangers. The East and West are completely different. The West will have a playoff dogfight, particularly in the Pacific and wildcard. Meanwhile, as improved as Detroit is, it will take a massive collapse for any of the eight current post-season teams not to make it. New York is in and Chris Drury keeps quiet, but I could see them taking a surprise swing.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/32-thoughts-noise-kent-hughes-hiring-subsides-real-work-begins/sn-amp/

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

If we take a swing, take it up front. The back end needs a help, sure. But a veteran presence which shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. If we are going to spend big, do it up front. I’d be content with a veteran body on the blue line.

Yup!!

...and @josh's -29 stat???   Yeah...about that......LOL

"So what the Coyotes are looking for is a young player, a high-end prospect plus a first-round pick," Marek said. "Teams we believe who have the assets and could do that and might be interested include the Los Angeles Kings, the St. Louis Blues and certainly the Anaheim Ducks, who might be losing Hampus Lindholm to unrestricted free agency at the end of the season."

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/trade-market-intensifying-coyotes-jakob-chychrun/

So say Chytil, Krav, and a 1st?  That's too much for Chychrun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

https://wsportsnet.ca/nhl/article/trade-market-intensifying-coyotes-jakob-chychrun/

I would think they would want Miller going the other way. Maybe Schneider or Jones. Don’t think they’re very interested in Kravtsov with his «problems».

7 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/trade-market-intensifying-coyotes-jakob-chychrun/

No, it isn't. Kravtsov has shit value. He's Lias Andersson, who they got a late second-round pick for. That first-round pick is one you can expect to be in the twenties — ideally the late twenties.

I'd offer Miller (direct roster replacement, young player, under contract, not eligible for arbitration), Chytil (salary, and they need forwards), a first, and their pick of any of the 23/24 year old RFAs the team has no room for (Hajek, Gauthier, Barron, Gettinger, Reunanen).

7 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Please no.

And how do we fit in his contract? Signed for 3 more years at 4.6m? If we’re making room for that we should use that on Gourde (or some else 3C).

By offering them some salary going the other way to help offset — especially salary you don't have to re-up yourself. Shit, I'd add to my deal just to include Nemeth, too.

retention -  it seems to be the answer to all these deals.  

Out of all the deals that are made in the league I'm pretty sure the ones that include retention is a rather low percentage.  Could probably say very low. But time will tell. I just think the holes they have up front are way bigger than on defense. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Arizona is awful. Chychrun isn't.

I get that. However to go from basically 41 points in 50 plus games to a projection of 14 points in 50 plus games worries me a bit. Besides, D is not an area we really need a major overhaul in. 

no man GIF

Why do we want a guy signed to term, who hasn't really done a thing in this league except contribute to how shitty the Coyotes have been.  The Rangers have prospects that can contribute more than what this guy has to offer. I'll roll with Miller and his soft stick checking, or Jones and his learning curve. 

I feel like this guy is supposed to be so much more than he has been.  He's not physical enough,  he hasn't been producing points.

Arizona sucks, yes.  Maybe it's the Dman that gets 25 minutes a night and gets lit up while producing very little. He's been a mainstay and has had ONE offensive productive season.

This is the player you hope other teams focus on trying to obtain, leaving other options for the picking. I'll take Leddy over this schmoe if they want a top 6 D-man.  He's won cups and has been consistent his whole career. I don't see Detroit hanging in the playoff race much longer.  I'd also check with them on Zadina, whom may need a change of scenery.  

Edited by The Dude
  • Keeps it 100 1