• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peacemaker

The Dude

Ok, so the first Suicide Squad movie was absolute elephant shit. But the James Gunn one was very funny. 

Peacemaker,  (atleast in the first few minutes) has me laughing a lot. I can't stand John Cena, but he's doing a great job with this character, just like he did in the Suicide Squad movie. 

Hope it holds up. 

• Phil changed the title to Peacemaker

For those of you with hbo ( asi I don’t have it) I’m wondering if there is a service through Amazon or whatever to pay for the channel so I can stream Sopranos and ThecWire whenever I want. Sometimes I like to chill with some previous seen shows. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

For those of you with hbo ( asi I don’t have it) I’m wondering if there is a service through Amazon or whatever to pay for the channel so I can stream Sopranos and ThecWire whenever I want. Sometimes I like to chill with some previous seen shows. 

HBOmax is a monthly streaming service.  You don't need HBO to get it. No contract. Cancel when you want.its like Netflix and all that, except it has all HBO series (and Cinemax, comedy central, adult swim  and some other affiliated networks on it. I love it. 

Edited by The Dude

18 hours ago, Keirik said:

The Wire is $29.99 for season 1

Sopranos are $24.99 per season both on Amazon.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:43 AM, Keirik said:

Get an APK player app on your fire stick and watch that shit for free.  Or if you want you can borrow all of my Sopranos box sets, I'll bring them to the Idiot next week lol.

3 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I’m really into it. Went in with low expectations because I still wasn’t that into the new Suicide Squad movie.

As has been said, Cena is doing a great job because of how camp the character is. 

The opening credits are genuinely impossible to skip.

I liked the new Suicide Squad 100,000 times more than that pile if shit they made for the 1st one.

James Gunn is probably a piece of garbage,  but the guy has a great sense of humor.  With the raunch that this Peacemaker show is, I wish he could have done something with Preacher before Seth Rogen got his idiotic hands on it.  

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I liked the new Suicide Squad 100,000 times more than that pile if shit they made for the 1st one.

James Gunn is probably a piece of garbage,  but the guy has a great sense of humor.  With the raunch that this Peacemaker show is, I wish he could have done something with Preacher before Seth Rogen got his idiotic hands on it.  

I slept through the first Suicide Squad so I can't compare it much with the reboot/sequel which still failed to impress me.

Can't say I agree on Rogen. I've liked what he's done with both The Boys and Invincible. Never saw Preacher.

2 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I slept through the first Suicide Squad so I can't compare it much with the reboot/sequel which still failed to impress me.

Can't say I agree on Rogen. I've liked what he's done with both The Boys and Invincible. Never saw Preacher.

Oh God. He's doing the Boys? He will destroy Garth Ennis' legacy completely.

It doesn't help that I now can't stand Rogen and his woke politics, but I tend to try to leave that out of things when I watch anything.

I used to find him bright and funny, but somewhere along the line he became full of himself. I loved the Preacher comic. It was amazing. What Rogen did to it was really just terrible.  That's why I REALLY don't like him. 

If he decides to make a show for Ennis' "Hitman", I may have to hire a hitman. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Oh God. He's doing the Boys? He will destroy Garth Ennis' legacy completely.

It doesn't help that I now can't stand Rogen and his woke politics, but I tend to try to leave that out of things when I watch anything.

I used to find him bright and funny, but somewhere along the line he became full of himself. I loved the Preacher comic. It was amazing. What Rogen did to it was really just terrible.  That's why I REALLY don't like him. 

If he decides to make a show for Ennis' "Hitman", I may have to hire a hitman. 

He's been producing The Boys from the start.

29 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

He's been producing The Boys from the start.

I watched part of the first episode and wasn't exactly into it.  Never gave it another shot. I hear mixed reviews on it.  Didn't even pay attention to whom was directing it. 

Maybe I'll give it another shot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean, besides that awful capitulation to China over Taiwan, there's nothing to dislike about him. He strikes me as an awesome person. Reminds me a lot of how Bret Hart approached his career as a morally driven baby face. Cena did the same, well outside the ring.