• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Dylan Garand to Three-Year ELC

Sharpshooter

The New York Rangers and goaltender Dylan Garand have agreed to a three-year, entry-level contract, it was announced Thursday.

OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with goaltender Dylan Garand on a three-year, entry-level contract.

Details: https://t.co/e9uhwZZSAm pic.twitter.com/1NIF7LWK2l

— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) December 23, 2021

Selected in the fourth round of the 2020 NHL Draft, the 19-year-old has been lights out for the Kamloops Blazers in 19 games so far this season, posting a goals-against average of 1.85 and a save percentage of .932. 

https://www.tsn.ca/dylan-garand-three-year-entry-level-contract-new-york-rangers-1.1738404

I think this is just Garand! 😏

• LOL 2

I don't think he can go to Hartford this year.  There was a special exception that allowed underage junior players to play in the AHL last year while the junior leagues were closed, but they can't play there this year unless they played a certain amount of games last year, and he only played two.

Besides, we wouldn't want to take any playing time away from Hot Prospect Huska.

13 hours ago, Phil said:

I mean, he's got a puncher's chance, for sure.

Especially, if Shesty stays on the IR list frequently. Garand signing could also be viewed as Drury's leverage for his contract negotiation with Georgie at the end of the season...

Success in the junior league, or AHL, is not a guaranty for success in the NHL. Don't we have couple first round picks to verify this statement? 😉 😈

12 hours ago, Sod16 said:

I don't think he can go to Hartford this year.  There was a special exception that allowed underage junior players to play in the AHL last year while the junior leagues were closed, but they can't play there this year unless they played a certain amount of games last year, and he only played two.

Besides, we wouldn't want to take any playing time away from Hot Prospect Huska.

Oof.....definitely had a career outting in the NHL.....