• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#28) Rangers at Colorado Avalanche — Those Other Guys? No Tegridy.

Drew a Penalty

9 minutes ago, resmd said:

So let me get this straight…I pay for Directv and the out of market sports channels ( I live in FL) and I paid for NHL CenterIce…and I can’t watch this game without subscribing to another POS network?  F that. Go to hell NHL. 

I've just bundled Disney, The POS cheap Hulu and ESPN+ for 14 bucks a month. My grandkids were looking for Disney and I needed ESPN+ for the Rangers and the KHL games...

2 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

That depends on the definition of the "blackouts" and different sports doing it differently.

For example. my better half streams her Dolphins games on NFL Sunday Tickets. I cannot stream my Giants games with the Sunday Tickets, it's blacked out, since I am in the local market. In another word, I can watch the Giants game via my cable subscription on Fox, CBS, etc. That's quite alright, since it does not cost me extra.

MSG carries the Rangers games and they are blocked out on ESPN+; if the Rangers games are on ESPN+, then they are blocked out on MSG network. There are times when both channels carry the games, but that's aberration, not the norm. 

In my view, there's no issues with how the NFL games are distributed, local fans can watch the games, despite Sunday Ticket makes it available out of the market. The way MSG/NHL does blackout sucks, since the game will be blocked out on the MSG Network and you can subscribe to the streaming channel that has it. Since MSG Network has copyright protection to the Rangers games, my guess is that they are the one who sold some of the games to ESPN+ and blocks the games out in their channels.

Maybe this is the way to get more fans... for ESPN+...🤢

Owners; "I wish there was a way to separate more of the fans' money and it ending up in our pockets." 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, resmd said:

So let me get this straight…I pay for Directv and the out of market sports channels ( I live in FL) and I paid for NHL CenterIce…and I can’t watch this game without subscribing to another POS network?  F that. Go to hell NHL. 

I can straighten this out. YOU WILL PAY! MORE!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The fuck I will.  If you pay for CenterIce, you should get every game. If someone wants the three NYR games on ESPN+ And not the rest, let them pay for Hulu/Disney. 

2 minutes ago, resmd said:

The fuck I will.  If you pay for CenterIce, you should get every game. If someone wants the three NYR games on ESPN+ And not the rest, let them pay for Hulu/Disney. 

I have to just ask though. Why would you pay for center ice when it’s about the same price as ESPN + for a year? I’ve always had a hockey package through the NHL but once it switched over to ESPN after last year, I switched along with it. Center ice never really seemed like a good option to me. 

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The old man type bar I’m going to tonight, I’m not sure it has a smartTv to even log into my own ESPN+ account. So I’m frantically searching for my fire stick to take with me.

A bar will let you do that??? Lmao.  Which old man bar? You're going to Jax aren't you? 

Edited by The Dude
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I have to just ask though. Why would you pay for center ice when it’s about the same price as ESPN + for a year? I’ve always had a hockey package through the NHL but once it switched over to ESPN after last year, I switched along with it. Center ice never really seemed like a good option to me. 

Is every game available on ESPN+?  I was not aware that they were. 

I’ve been a CenterIce subscriber for YEARS…and the NHL certainly didn’t reach out to long term subscribers to tell them that ESPN+ was a better option and that CenterIce did not carry all Ranger games. 

when an organization sells subscriptions to its product, they need to better explain other options if they’re selling a limited package on their own behalf. NHL bullshit. 

Just now, resmd said:

Is every game available on ESPN+?  I was not aware that they were. 

I’ve been a CenterIce subscriber for YEARS…and the NHL certainly didn’t reach out to long term subscribers to tell them that ESPN+ was a better option and that CenterIce did not carry all Ranger games. 

when an organization sells subscriptions to its product, they need to better explain other options if they’re selling a limited package on their own behalf. NHL bullshit. 

Yeah, every game is available for ESPN+. Also you can watch either home or away broadcasts or watch the, the following days if you missed it. It was just my natural switch once rights were sold to ESPN (to me). It still has the blackout rules u til 24 hours after the game is over just like the NHL package had. 
   Hope this info helps. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Of course you will and they will make more, like 425M more, quote:

After ending its 16-year partnership with NBC Sports, the NHL began its new seven-year pact with TNT and Disney/ESPN this season worth a total of $625 million a year, up from the $200 million NBC was paying. A carve-out in the latter deal calls for 75 games viewers can only find on ESPN+ or Hulu, not on broadcast or cable TV.

Tuesday marked the first of three Rangers games this season in this package; Feb. 1 against the Panthers and April 7 versus the Penguins will also leave people who will not or cannot add the Disney over-the-top service to their ever-growing bundle of media subscriptions. This is also the case for five Islanders games this season.

“You can find them all with a single remote and single service. You are going to enter into a bewildering time where people do not know where their game is because five of them will be on NBC broadcast and three of them will be on ESPN+ and two of them will be on Paramount+ and one of them will be on the ACC Network. Every week, you are going to have to figure out where the hell are they playing this week. … It’s going to be more expensive, more difficult to find.”

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/12/14/how-to-watch-rangers-vs-avalanche-only-on-espn-and-hulu/

Streaming is where the money is and everyone wants a piece of the pie. Statistics show that the fans will complain, cancel their subscription, etc., but they always return to watch their games. Especially when their teams play well.

Come on Rangers, it's all your fault, go loose games so we can cancel our subcription for awhile to pay the Xmas bills...

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, every game is available for ESPN+. Also you can watch either home or away broadcasts or watch the, the following days if you missed it. It was just my natural switch once rights were sold to ESPN (to me). It still has the blackout rules u til 24 hours after the game is over just like the NHL package had. 
   Hope this info helps. 

I appreciate the info…but I suppose I’m a dinosaur. I don’t want Hulu, or Disney either. I want to watch the NYR…and when the NHL sells me CenterIce, I should be able to watch it as that is their product. 

if the NHL is going completely to ESPN+, I’ll consider it but as a 62 yo guy, I’m tired of having to sign up and track my subscriptions to a multitude of packages I don’t want to watch what I want. Tired of hearing people say they’ve saved money dumping cable or Directv only to figure out their paying more for YouTube, Hulu, Disney etc. 

im sure I’ll be facing the same nonsense next year when the SeasonTicket package expires with Directv for football. To me, it’s maddening. 

13 minutes ago, resmd said:

I appreciate the info…but I suppose I’m a dinosaur. I don’t want Hulu, or Disney either. I want to watch the NYR…and when the NHL sells me CenterIce, I should be able to watch it as that is their product. 

if the NHL is going completely to ESPN+, I’ll consider it but as a 62 yo guy, I’m tired of having to sign up and track my subscriptions to a multitude of packages I don’t want to watch what I want. Tired of hearing people say they’ve saved money dumping cable or Directv only to figure out their paying more for YouTube, Hulu, Disney etc. 

im sure I’ll be facing the same nonsense next year when the SeasonTicket package expires with Directv for football. To me, it’s maddening. 

Oh I hear ya. I’m one of the older guys here. If you aren’t looking for a bundle, you just need to sign up for ESPN+ assuming you have a Wi-Fi capable tv. The bonus is that there are other sports on ESPN+. I watch some college hockey, soccer, khl, etc.  Also thry have those 30 for 30 documentaries etc. 

This is whole thing is outrageous. For the older generation it’s so unfair. My cousin is in his 50s and has no idea how to do any of this.

Wanna put games on ESPN+? That’s fine. But don’t JUST put it there. You can’t. No matter how advanced this world is or becomes, you still make it totally unfair for the older generations to comprehend how to get all of this working.