• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#28) Rangers at Colorado Avalanche — Those Other Guys? No Tegridy.

Drew a Penalty

5 hours ago, CCCP said:

Have to pay to watch the game.  This is bullshit. 

I agree, it's a bunch of crap, but... This is the digital world we live in, where content copyright is killing us. They sell you a product, like MSG network, then they turn around and sell some of the product/games that you subscribed to and sell them to someone else. If you want to watch it, you're basically paying for the product twice...

Most streaming channels have trial periods, from one week to a month; you could sign up for ESPN+, Disney bundle, etc., if they have trial period and watch the game. Push comes to shove just get ESPN+, where most of the Rangers games (7) scheduled to be in December, costs seven bucks a month or buck per game. In January, there are no Rangers games schedule on ESPN+, you can just cancel your subscription.

The free MSGGO app does not help, you'll nee to login with your cable company's UID/PWD, not the ESPN+ games. It's good for watching the Rangers on the go, or when your cable company has some issues with the channel. That's how I watched couple Rangers games last week, streamed it from my iPhone to the TV...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Honestly, interesting to hear the "in-market" perspective, because for me, it's a godsend.

The issue isn't the way it's distributed, but the fact that blackouts still exist.

That depends on the definition of the "blackouts" and different sports doing it differently.

For example. my better half streams her Dolphins games on NFL Sunday Tickets. I cannot stream my Giants games with the Sunday Tickets, it's blacked out, since I am in the local market. In another word, I can watch the Giants game via my cable subscription on Fox, CBS, etc. That's quite alright, since it does not cost me extra.

MSG carries the Rangers games and they are blocked out on ESPN+; if the Rangers games are on ESPN+, then they are blocked out on MSG network. There are times when both channels carry the games, but that's aberration, not the norm. 

In my view, there's no issues with how the NFL games are distributed, local fans can watch the games, despite Sunday Ticket makes it available out of the market. The way MSG/NHL does blackout sucks, since the game will be blocked out on the MSG Network and you can subscribe to the streaming channel that has it. Since MSG Network has copyright protection to the Rangers games, my guess is that they are the one who sold some of the games to ESPN+ and blocks the games out in their channels.

31 minutes ago, josh said:

Owners meeting:

"I wish there was an easy, inexpensive way to get more fans..." 

Maybe this is the way to get more fans... for ESPN+...🤢

Edited by Cr00zng
Clarity

1 minute ago, Cr00zng said:

That depends on the definition of the "blackouts" and different sports doing it differently.

For example. my better half streams her Dolphins games on NFL Sunday Tickets. I cannot stream my Giants games with the Sunday Tickets, it's blacked out, since I am in the local market. In another word, I can watch the Giants game via my cable subscription on Fox, CBS, etc. That's quite alright, since it does not cost me extra.

MSG carries the Rangers games and they are blocked out on ESPN+; if the Rangers games are on ESPN+, then they are blocked out on MSG network. There are times when both channels carry the games, but that's aberration, not the norm. 

In my view, there's no issues with how the NFL games are distributed, local fans can watch the games, despite Sunday Ticket makes it available out of the market. The way MSG/NHL does blackout sucks, since the game will be blocked out on the MSG Network and you can subscribe to the streaming channel that has it. Since MSG Network has copyright protection to the Rangers games, my guess is that they are the one who sold some of the games to ESPN+ and blocks the games out in their channels.

Maybe this is the way to get more fans... for ESPN+...🤢

ESPN+ just simulcasts the local broadcasts most of the time. It's phenomenal for out of market, and maybe a bit stupid for in-market situations like this. Though, this will be ESPN's crew running the game, so who knows.

I think your bigger gripe here is "why the heck isn't this just on ESPN?"

I agree G- living in NC, this new setup is far superior to anything NHL.TV did..  I have ESPN+ already for college football purposes, so getting the vast majority of the Rangers games (except NHL Network games) is awesome for me.. Seems jacked up to have you guys in the metro area getting squeezed is weird- the NFL would at least locally broadcast those thursday night games on their network. This is purposeful rather than an oversight for sure.

I have nothing against out of the local market fans getting the Rangers games on ESPN, or ESPN+. My gripe is about taking away games from the fans in the local market, who added MSG Network to their cable subscription. As @CCCP in the local market complained, he has to pay to watch the Rangers tonight. Why, he and I already paying for the MSG Network?

Again, the NFL Sunday Ticket blacks out foobtall games in the local markets, not the other way around. Why can't NHL/MSG/ESPN+ do the same?

It's not an oversight by NHL/MSG/ESPN+, it's a deal that they made to increase ESPN+ subscription... That's bullshit....

• Applause 1

Enough of that, let's talk about tonight game...

If any any chance, with AG in the goal, the Rangers will loose 2-1. or in the unlikely event they'd win the game...

Are you going to be mad at Turk for not starting Georgi last week against the Avalanche?

Just curious...

AG is not Huska, even if you just take away three easy goals from last week's game against the Avalanche, the score would had been 4-3. That's not trashing by the other team on your home ice....

You never know, the Rangers may return the "favor" tonight. As the saying goes in football, "That's why they play the game..."

• VINNY! 1

7 minutes ago, Rangers845 said:

I don’t think so, it’s showing a game that starts at 10. I’m pretty sure it’s espn + or bust on this thing unfortunately 

ESPN+ and Hulu are linked in most cases, especially if you bundle (which you should).

So let me get this straight…I pay for Directv and the out of market sports channels ( I live in FL) and I paid for NHL CenterIce…and I can’t watch this game without subscribing to another POS network?  F that. Go to hell NHL. 

51 minutes ago, Phil said:

It should be, yes. Might not show as available until closer to game time. It's a 9pm start.

39 minutes ago, Phil said:

ESPN+ and Hulu are linked in most cases, especially if you bundle (which you should).

It depends on how you bundled Hulu, that has three different streaming options:

1. $6.99/month with ads
  2. $12.99/month without ads
  3. $64.99/month Hulu + Live TV

Option #1 and 2 will not have the Rangers game, only the #3 option will. ESPN+ for $6.99/month is a much better option and will have the Rangers game...