• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#21) Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers — Gum Chewing Intensifies

Phil

Welcome back yet again, my fellow Ranger-holics!!  Isn't it a great day to say we beat the crap outta those Phillthy Flyers?

........And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Warby Parker.

...Good Lord!!  Please!!!  A generous donation for last night's officiating squad!! 

14 hours ago, Karan said:

Damn Fischler's not looking bad for 120. Probably in better shape than Lafreniere. 

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Fischler is old enough to remember two Rangers cups

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Dryden keeps playing this well they might have to get him a helmet that fits 

13 hours ago, josh said:

Shesterkin lost his stick - drink 

13 hours ago, josh said:

Frost. Wow. Who woulda guessed... 

13 hours ago, Pete said:

My Kakko cannot be contained. He's busting out. 

12 hours ago, Phil said:

If the goal line cam don't fit, you must acquit!

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Bad Linesmen Matter 

12 hours ago, G1000 said:

2 points in the bin. Kakko with a beast of a game. Kreider keeps scoring. Shesterkin is Russian for Gumbercules. 

11 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Finally nailed one.

11 hours ago, josh said:

Name of your sex tape.

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pete, who had to rushed to the ER after the game, and doused in an icy bath!!!

The initial reports indicate that Pete is going to be okay, and good to see the next game against the Sharks!

Great game, guys!!  Let's keep it rollin'!!!!

200.gif

Edited by Ozzy
  • LOL 3

they all don't have to look pretty but good to bank another 2 points versus a team that really has no mojo at the moment.  they have no confidence getting the pucks out of the zone and there gaps look terrible.  they are bottom in the league in giving up shots and prime scoring chances.  ton of injuries as well and a gm that really has no clue in what he said in that presser the other day.

was good to see how we came out after the layoff.  you so worry about the rust there and the taking for granted a struggling team.

this hunt kid continues to impress.  good to see kakko playing with confidence and like watching the kid line grow together.

some more winable games coming up as well.

the IGOR chants are becoming epic.

I'm really loving seeing this team play!  Fox is an absolute treat to watch, and Igor makes me think he's Hank 2.0 lately!

I think Gallant is the perfect guy at the perfect time for these kids to play under.  He's giving them his trust and belief, and they're gaining more and more confidence with each passing week.  To think what these kids are going to play like when they're a mere 24 years old, and have 5 years of experience under Gallant boggles my mind.

Sharks up next!!!  Let's fucking do this!!! 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

As great as Henrik was, I'm almost more impressed with Shesterkin just by his sheer ability to almost always be in position and is a total vacuum when it comes to rebounds. Then, you add his excellent punk handling, which is a dynamic they haven't had in a long time.

bitch slap GIF

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s different styles, but Igor is starting to give you a similar vibe Henrik did where he can make the impossible save almost seem routine. If he can remain healthy, you would have to say he’ll be a heavy favorite for the Vezina.

Yeah, I think he's the favorite right now already. They are so fortunate to have transitioned right into a goalie like Igor. There's potential here to have two fantastic goalies in a row. Both different, as you said, but with similar results.

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

lol I wasn't putting Hank down at all, or saying Shesterkin will have the same great career he did. It's just I'm even more impressed with certain aspects of his game even more so than Lundqvist.

I know im just messing with you. Hopefully Igor has a better career for everyones sake. 

• TroCheckmark 1

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

As great as Henrik was, I'm almost more impressed with Shesterkin just by his sheer ability to almost always be in position and is a total vacuum when it comes to rebounds. Then, you add his excellent punk handling, which is a dynamic they haven't had in a long time.

someone on the network said going from hank to igor was like the pack going from farve to rodgers.

8 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

someone on the network said going from hank to igor was like the pack going from farve to rodgers.

Pretty close analogy!  Hank was pretty good handling the puck, but Shest-uper-man is like a 3rd defenseman....kinda reminds me of Hextall, without all the psychosis!  LOL