• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chris MFin' Kreider

shestYORKin

Fucking guy is making a lot of us, namely me...eat my words.  GOOD!!!!

I was 100% against him resigning here, and that $6.5 million tag made my blood pressure ring the bell.

I take it back...all of it...Gladly.  The guy is in beast mode, and he's absolutely flourishing with this team.  Is it Gallant?  Don't know...don't care!!  Just keep bringin' it, CK!!

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Came here looking for this thread…F’in guy is making quite a few of us eat our words. Gallant? Maturity? Had a colonoscopy and they pulled his head out? IDK but I’m loving it. 

Winner!!!  Hey Big guy!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!!  ..let's catch up one day next week!

Hope the bird comes out great!!! 

It's not just the goalscoring, but he's finally playing the way we've wanted him to play for many years now.

Goes hard every shift, big hits, skates hard to the net with and without the puck. He's not trying any fancy shit, just skating hard and shooting the puck.

It's like finally a coach told him "man, you have a gift from god with your size and speed, fucking use it! Stop trying to be cute with it, just be a beast."

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

He's in Hulk mode for sure. 

Wondering when Bruce Banner shows up. 

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

He only has 11 more goals in him to spread over the next 5 months.

Just have to hope that when Bruce shows up, Super Mika does as well 

12 minutes ago, shestYORKin said:

yeah for as much as people like to bitch about deals like Trouba or Goody you have to take in that we have guys outplaying their paychecks too. shit evens out. 

Nah, the key is to have people perform over contract AND not have any dead weight. 

Specifically for Kreider it was never his AAV that was the issue, it was length and trade protection.

^ agreed.

And one of the biggest worries was that we got ALF and it was going to push a 6.5m guy to the third line. Obviously thus far it isn’t even remotely the case. Maybe getting ALF was a blessing in disguise for Kreids. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall and it was a wake up call to treat every individual game like it was his last. The the old Kreider seemed to think “well I had a couple of awesome weeks so let me take the foot off the gas now.”

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Fucking guy is making a lot of us, namely me...eat my words.  GOOD!!!!

I was 100% against him resigning here, and that $6.5 million tag made my blood pressure ring the bell.

I take it back...all of it...Gladly.  The guy is in beast mode, and he's absolutely flourishing with this team.  Is it Gallant?  Don't know...don't care!!  Just keep bringin' it, CK!!

I feel a big part of his resurgence is that we have new beef on the team

its not left to Trouba and KK to shoulder the load

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Specifically for Kreider it was never his AAV that was the issue, it was length and trade protection.

not an issue right now. we cross that butthurt if/when it actually becomes a problem. 

the window has always been Panarin’s deal. Rangers had to decide whether or not CK was gonna be part of the core for it. he could’ve got more elsewhere but we did what needed to be done and it’s paying off so far. not just the hot start on the stat sheet this season. he’s been the leader all along that they’re paying him to be.

if we don’t win shit and he becomes dead weight then have at it. but the vulture party can fuck off until then. 

4 hours ago, shestYORKin said:

not an issue right now. we cross that butthurt if/when it actually becomes a problem. 

the window has always been Panarin’s deal. Rangers had to decide whether or not CK was gonna be part of the core for it. he could’ve got more elsewhere but we did what needed to be done and it’s paying off so far. not just the hot start on the stat sheet this season. he’s been the leader all along that they’re paying him to be.

if we don’t win shit and he becomes dead weight then have at it. but the vulture party can fuck off until then. 

Yea, I don't really agree or value CK as highly as you, but to each his own 

• Phil changed the title to Chris MFin' Kreider