• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#19) Rangers at New York Islanders — Another Year, Another Arena to Keep Empty

High and Wide

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Current traffic, 2 hours to get from midtown to UBS......Nightmare traffic scenario

I understand Brooklyn had issues;bad ice, lousy sightlines. Biased that I'm Brooklyn from birth until now. But it had mass transit in spades, and Barclays is surrounded by bars and restaurants galore. Neither the Isles (limited) fan base nor the team embraced it. Lots of Rangers fans take the subway and  LIRR to Penn, would not be all that different for them to go to Atlantic Avenue. Also there's 2 options for a local practice rink-Abe Stark or Aviator-that would've have been happy to embrace it. Did not happen.  There was zero involvement with Brooklyn.  Despite signing and then breaking a 25 year lease, Isles kept everything on LI. 

They built this place thinking it has easy highway access, but a night like tonight must be a disaster. As per my LI brother, Elmont residents pissed off about traffic,  but what did they expect? Really the only big day they have is the Belmont Stakes and it's once a year on a Saturday. 

Heard despite narrowly missing sellouts on both games so far the Isles sold a ridiculous amount of beer. Tailgating is banned, which is kinda nuts; was one of the great things about going to a concert or game at the Coliseum.  So  suspect at least the concessions and bathrooms are worked out even if nothing else is. 

Would bet these whiny shits will be complaining and not attending games pretty much as they have always done. Beat these shitbags so these moron fans won't even have playoff games to suddenly show up for and pretend they care. 

Trash 

Edited by Bugg