• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pittsburgh Penguins Sold to Owners of Red Sox, Fenway Sports Group

Blue Heaven

https://www.wtae.com/article/penguins-sale-fenway-sports-group-boston-red-sox/38269543

The owners of the Boston Red Sox are in "advanced talks" to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins, according to a published report.

A deal with Fenway Sports Group could be finalized as soon as this week, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

AdvertisementIn 2015, Penguins owners Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux released a statement saying they hired Morgan Stanley to review their "strategic options," including the possibility of selling all or part of the team.
Edited by Blue Heaven
Added Text

• Phil changed the title to Pittsburgh Penguins to be Sold to Red Sox Owners
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Phil changed the title to Pittsburgh Penguins Sold to Owners of Red Sox, Fenway Sports Group
Just now, siddious said:

Well we got the draft fixed for us with Kakko and Laf so I am pretty experienced with spotting it now 

If those drafts were indeed fixed for us, I wish they fixed a different draft. lol

The Crosby one was definitely fixed though. I remember being furious because the Rangers had the worst record in the league (or maybe were right there with Pittsburgh), not only did they not get a chance for Crosby, they didn't even sniff a high enough pick after having a dreadful season. It was such bullshit.

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

and of course ours are busts when compared to Crosby and Malkin

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

If those drafts were indeed fixed for us, I wish they fixed a different draft. lol

The Crosby one was definitely fixed though. I remember being furious because the Rangers had the worst record in the league (or maybe were right there with Pittsburgh), not only did they not get a chance for Crosby, they didn't even sniff a high enough pick after having a dreadful season. It was such bullshit.

Yepp such a Rangers thing to happen. They finally get a 1OA and hes gonna be an average star at best if even that.

100% that draft for crosby was fixed and nothing anyone tells me will get me to change my mind. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

everyone knew it was BS but Bettman had to save them from bankruptcy. 

• TroCheckmark 1

Yeah, I mean these guys are still in their early 20's. When it comes to playing hockey at the NHL level, their balls haven't even dropped yet. I could say the same thing for even a guy like Fox, who's been amazing, but he's still green, which is kind of scary. lol With Kakko, it took up until his third year in the league to really look comfortable and more confident out there. They could still be very good, but everyone develops differently.