• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Eichel Saga is Finally Over; Traded to Vegas

Phil

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I remember this well because I know someone who worked with Sundin's former agent and they were telling me that Sundin was only using NY as leverage and no intention of playing here, but that clown .99 kept saying "Sundon to NY is done"...That guy also said he kept a tape of every Rangers game and rewatched them all 3-4 times after the game was played.

Suffice to say I believed nothing he said.

Yeah, I mean, they would have had to gut the team just to pick him up. The cap was like $50 million back then.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nope. Sundin. Old school. We spent like three months of the season (September – early December) scratching our necks, fiending for morning reports about what way the wind was blowing on Sundin before he finally signed with the Canucks. It was so fucking painful.

Glorious*

33 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You also would have loved the OLD board, like from the late 90's - early 2000's, back when the Rangers' official site actually had its own forum. That was a blast too, back when I was really getting into hockey and trying to learn the game. It made it very....interesting. 🤣

“How cares?” ... for some damn reason this saying is still etched in my brain but can’t remember why...

Just now, mRanger48 said:

“How cares?” ... for some damn reason this saying is still etched in my brain but can’t remember why...

LOL! Same here. That and 'U!'. If I recall the 'how cares?' thing came from a troll whom instead of saying the normal 'who cares?', it would be that, and everyone there just kind of ran with it.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

You also would have loved the OLD board, like from the late 90's - early 2000's, back when the Rangers' official site actually had its own forum. That was a blast too, back when I was really getting into hockey and trying to learn the game. It made it very....interesting. 🤣

Lol that was such a shit show. Guys would just spam the same message in bold, all caps lol

"The New York Rangers had legitimate interest and attempted to make competitive offers, but it became painfully obvious to team president and general manager Chris Drury this summer that there were too many roadblocks to pull off a trade.

Sabres GM Kevyn Adams was willing to engage, but multiple people close to the situation told lohud.com, part of the USA TODAY Network, that Buffalo owner Terry Pegula was against sending his star player downstate.

The Rangers and Sabres are in different divisions this season, but that rationale didn't seem to matter. Pegula's preference all along was to move Eichel to the Western Conference."

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/11/04/jack-eichel-trade-ny-rangers-vegas-golden-knights/6281431001/

The rumors about Calgary's offer could not have been true, as this is a much worse return.  But what can you expect for a guy who's locked in at $10m per long term, cannot play for four months, and whose health is very iffy?  Still, if I were Vegas's GM I'd do this trade, and if I were Buffalo's GM I'd also do it as it is unlikely that something better is going to materialize