• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Adam Fox to 7-Year/$66.5M Extension; $9.5M AAV

25 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Scary.....Chytil sure isn't proving he can snag that spot. 

You guys are more cap aware than me. Can we do Strome for 6?

11.6 for 5 forwards and a backup goalie.

blais 2m

kakko 2.5

barron 925

ELC, Let’s say Cuylle 850

Backup goalie Kinkaid 800 and pray shesterkin can play 82

~4.55 in cap space 

This can't be considered a bargain, considering the pre-UFA eligible years that it covers, but it's certainly not a bad deal either.  It's about where it should be.  Looking at the amount of cap space left starting next year, it will be very difficult to fit in Strome.

5 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think they'll make it work. The only worry I have is someone offersheeting Kakko for like 4-5m, then we're kinda fucked.

I mean, firstly, offersheets don't generally happen, but secondly, Kakko hasn't done anything to deserve 5 million dollars. There's 10m+ available. I'm not gonna worry about who's getting what until the season's over. IMO, hopefully we do have a problem next year because it means Kakko was good.

5 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I mean, firstly, offersheets don't generally happen, but secondly, Kakko hasn't done anything to deserve 5 million dollars. There's 10m+ available. I'm not gonna worry about who's getting what until the season's over. IMO, hopefully we do have a problem next year because it means Kakko was good.

Kotkaniemi got 6.1m. (.36 ppg vs Kakko's .35ppg prior to this season)

You have a GM out there that's still high on Kakko, thinks he'd do more in a bigger role. $5m for a 2nd overall pick? I think you'd have a lot of GMs interested. Rangers will never have the cap space to strike back, either.

Edited by josh
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

10m next year for Blais, Kakko, Strome….hmm…..who is leaving? 

We have:
Georgiev's $2,425,000
Hajek's $874,125
McKegg's $750,000
Gauthier's $775,000
...and $1,000,000 in dead cap coming off the books (Hank's buyout).

That's an extra $5,049,125 to add into what's going to be available for the remaining guys.

Drury's gonna make this work, my man....it's the new math!  LOL

einstein GIF

11 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

There's been a few lately and as Josh said. I think a lot of GM's would consider giving Kakko a 3x5m contract or something like that. And if someone does, Rangers are fucked, that was my point. If he deserves it or not is another question, but we see what Carolina did with Montreal re Kotkaniemi, same could happen here. We would essentially lose Kakko (a 2nd overall pick only 2 years ago) for a 1st and a 3rd.

15 minutes ago, josh said:

Kotkaniemi got 6.1m. (.36 ppg vs Kakko's .35ppg prior to this season)

You have a GM out there that's still high on Kakko, thinks he'd do more in a bigger role. $5m for a 2nd overall pick? I think you'd have a lot of GMs interested. Rangers will never have the cap space to strike back, either.

How is he gonna get a bigger role than playing with Panarin? 

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

We have:
Georgiev's $2,425,000
Hajek's $874,125
McKegg's $750,000
Gauthier's $775,000
...and $1,000,000 in dead cap coming off the books (Hank's buyout).

That's an extra $5,049,125 to add into what's going to be available for the remaining guys.

Drury's gonna make this work, my man....it's the new math!  LOL

einstein GIF

Hate to break it to ya, but that's all factored in.

Forwards signed through next season: Panarin, Kreider, Zib, Laf, Chytil, Goodrow, Hunt, Reaves (8)
Defensemen signed: Trouba, Lindgren, Fox, Miller, Lundkvist, Nemeth, Tinordi (7)
Goalies: Shesty (1)
Money left: 7,3m

Players needing contract: Strome, Kakko, Blais, (Gauthier, Rooney, McKegg). Also need a backup goalie.

It's doable, but it will not be easy. Strome gonna have to take the biggest of discounts if he wants to stay.

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

There's been a few lately and as Josh said. I think a lot of GM's would consider giving Kakko a 3x5m contract or something like that. And if someone does, Rangers are fucked, that was my point. If he deserves it or not is another question, but we see what Carolina did with Montreal re Kotkaniemi, same could happen here. We would essentially lose Kakko (a 2nd overall pick only 2 years ago) for a 1st and a 3rd.

I just don't know why it's worth worrying about right now. Kakko has 0 points this season. 

If he sucks this year, it might be the end of the road for him anyway. So let's wait and see.