• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Adam Fox to 7-Year/$66.5M Extension; $9.5M AAV

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Hate to break it to ya, but that's all factored in.

Forwards signed through next season: Panarin, Kreider, Zib, Laf, Chytil, Goodrow, Hunt, Reaves (8)
Defensemen signed: Trouba, Lindgren, Fox, Miller, Lundkvist, Nemeth, Tinordi (7)
Goalies: Shesty (1)
Money left: 7,3m

Players needing contract: Strome, Kakko, Blais, (Gauthier, Rooney, McKegg). Also need a backup goalie.

It's doable, but it will not be easy. Strome gonna have to take the biggest of discounts if he wants to stay.

Ahhh, gotcha Zuuuc man.  I was trying to be a junior GM there for a sec.  LOL

I have a feeling he'll get it done though.  I have faith in Drury.  He got Mika at a fair price, and Fox at a fair price.  His track record has been pretty good so far in my book, and I'm pretty confident he knows where this is gonna go....Unfortunately we can only guess! 

I am liking the foundation of this squad right now though!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, josh said:

11.6 for 5 forwards and a backup goalie.

blais 2m

kakko 2.5

barron 925

ELC, Let’s say Cuylle 850

Backup goalie Kinkaid 800 and pray shesterkin can play 82

~4.55 in cap space 

You should also be able to trade Nemeth pretty easily and replace him with Jones/Robertson/Schneider, which saves another ~$1.5M

42 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

You should also be able to trade Nemeth pretty easily and replace him with Jones/Robertson/Schneider, which saves another ~$1.5M

I’m just showing where they’re at before any movement.

if it’s strome getting signed, it’s Chytil that gets moved. 

As much as I roll my eyes at Trouba's cock-blocking contract, I gotta say, he's been pretty damn good so far this season.  He's blocked a metric fuck-ton of shots, and has used his body well, throwing hits and standing up at the blue line.

Granted he's not the most adept scorer you'll ever see, but he's actually had a few good chances to put the puck in the net so far.

30 minutes ago, josh said:

I’m just showing where they’re at before any movement.

if it’s strome getting signed, it’s Chytil that gets moved. 

Which I'd be okay with tbh. There's options for bottom-6 centers on the free agency bargain bin, or we can see how someone like Barron does when not asked to simply grind it out on the 4th line. Goodrow is also always a stopgap option.

How cool is it to look at Capfriendly and see next to Fox's name, there's an amount 10x more?  ...and it goes off the page!!  Fucking awesome!

I may be dead by the time he retires, but there's no way I won't appreciate every second that kid plays for us!

• LOL 2

Still wound have preferred to try and get him for 3 years at 7.5m now then 11.5 after 3 years since that little saving could mean the difference between keeping a player now.  Fair deal though. 9.5m is still a bargain. Plus 3 years from now u hope the cap is a good 7m+ higher. 

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

How cool is it to look at Capfriendly and see next to Fox's name, there's an amount 10x more?  ...and it goes off the page!!  Fucking awesome!

I may be dead by the time he retires, but there's no way I won't appreciate every second that kid plays for us!

Hope you’re not dead, dude, lol. 

• LOL 3