• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#9) Rangers at Seattle Kraken — One Order of Fried Calamari

High and Wide

8 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

They played really well against Columbus and won. They played pretty poorly against Seattle and won. 

Is this team good? As said above, they lost so many 1-goal games over the last few years, it seems like they have the ability l to pull them out now.

They've been winning games this year that they lost last year because everything wasn't working in their favor.

I'll take the points, stack them now while you can, however they can't keep playing inconsistently.

The goalie has a 950 save pct

That's the difference, and it isn't remotely sustainable. They've also had a very easy schedule. That will also change. Calgary had zero issue torching them, neither did Washington. I see tough times ahead, unless their form picks up as the competition gets stiffer. 

36 minutes ago, Dunny said:

That's the difference, and it isn't remotely sustainable. They've also had a very easy schedule. That will also change. Calgary had zero issue torching them, neither did Washington. I see tough times ahead, unless their form picks up as the competition gets stiffer. 

They are a decidedly average defensive team, in every way. SA/GP, HDCA, HD/S%, they are all middle of the pack. Also their special teams are terrible.

They have a long way to go.

What's cookin' gang!!  Welcome back once again, and glad you stayed up for a later one tonight!!

........And here are the Top 5 nominees for last night's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by the Gorton's Fisherman:

On 10/31/2021 at 9:10 AM, Pete said:

Can we spell "calamari" correctly in the title, please?

So tired of this Italiaphobic behavior on this board. I'm offended on behalf of myself and @Art Panarini

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’ll make sure I tell my future kids multiple times so they can post the correct answer here in 2035

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Rangers put more effort into their costumes than this effort thus far

11 hours ago, josh said:

Call them Bertuzzi because they ain't getting shots 

10 hours ago, Karan said:

Damn dude that was a long shower. Looks like you might've gotten way more action in there than the Seattle goalie did all period.

....and in a very close race, the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Karan, who most likely pin-pointed a little extra curricular activity in Keith's shower between periods last night!

Not only that but getting Camille the Eel Henry for trivia!!   Damn, dude!!!

Ovation GIF

10 hours ago, jsrangers said:

4, shots in 30 mins, Ozzy does more than that on a slow night out. 

...for the record, it was 45 minutes yesterday watching the Jets game, @jsrangers!!!  I'm slowing down in my old age!  LOL

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

I would argue that their schedule hasn't been easy at all. They've played the most games in the league and have done it almost exclusively on the road. 

It hasn't been pretty. Definitely work to be done. But it definitely hasn't been easy.

• Phil unpinned this topic

I missed last night's game, but do we have a goal scoring problem right now? We've scored 22 goals and 7 have come from Kreider (32%) and we know how hot and cold he gets. If he goes cold, who is going to step up? Goodrow and Lafreniere are tied for 2nd in scoring with 3 each. Mika and Panarin only have a goal each. 

I guess we should be thankful Kreider is as hot as he is right now while the rest of the skill players wake up and shake the rust off.

I said it once before, and it's probably worth saying again, but for those of you guys who never got a chance to watch Brian Leetch play, please enjoy and appreciate Adam Fox every second he plays.

Leetch to me was a "generational talent", and that is extremely rare...especially on the Rangers.   He was probably one of my all-time favorite players, and his career seemed to go "too fast".  I missed watching his dominance on the ice, especially during his peak years after he was traded and then retired.

Fox has pretty much everything Leetch had, and seems to be cut from that same mold. 

I would just enjoy this ride, you guys!  I never thought I would ever see a player like that again, and to think it'd be on the Rangers!!!  ...I'll push all the chips to the center of the table with this kid!!

• Like 1

Offensively they've been rather atrocious, but the goaltending and defense have been there and the fight level is there too. I'm glad they're winning and piling up points early, but most of these games have just not been fun to watch. lol But, last year they were losing these types of games and five straight on the road is pretty damn good.

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I said it once before, and it's probably worth saying again, but for those of you guys who never got a chance to watch Brian Leetch play, please enjoy and appreciate Adam Fox every second he plays.

Leetch to me was a "generational talent", and that is extremely rare...especially on the Rangers.   He was probably one of my all-time favorite players, and his career seemed to go "too fast".  I missed watching his dominance on the ice, especially during his peak years after he was traded and then retired.

Fox has pretty much everything Leetch had, and seems to be cut from that same mold. 

I would just enjoy this ride, you guys!  I never thought I would ever see a player like that again, and to think it'd be on the Rangers!!!  ...I'll push all the chips to the center of the table with this kid!!

Agreed - he is up there with the mcdavids. He’s that good.

They definitely had another stinker compared to their opposition but our top core players were all involved in all three goals. Panarin gaining the zone and waiting for an open man was excellent. Mikas block/pass to Goodrow for the EN. Kreider big time snipe. And Igor standing on his head and making it look easy is their best asset at this moment. Kakko looks good out there but he's got Rangeritis. Chytil continues to be offensively disappointing. Really like Sammy B, he really makes the loss of Buch tolerable. This team needs to skate faster, especially transitioning, and not worry as much about finishing their checks. We're winning but I want more goals and effort. 

57 minutes ago, Xander said:

I missed last night's game, but do we have a goal scoring problem right now? We've scored 22 goals and 7 have come from Kreider (32%) and we know how hot and cold he gets. If he goes cold, who is going to step up? Goodrow and Lafreniere are tied for 2nd in scoring with 3 each. Mika and Panarin only have a goal each. 

I guess we should be thankful Kreider is as hot as he is right now while the rest of the skill players wake up and shake the rust off.

There's definitely a goal scoring problem. Panarin and Zibanejad especially are seemingly having difficulty adjusting to what Gallant wants them to do. They both go invisible, or worse - detrimental, for long stretches of the game. Panarin's 8 points in 9 games is a mirage - he only looked good in one of them so far. 

There's also been the issue of injuries/COVID derailing the top-6 a bit. Strome and Kakko both missed multiple games which disjointed things. I'm not worried yet. Hopefully it will come in due time. 

45 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

There's definitely a goal scoring problem. Panarin and Zibanejad especially are seemingly having difficulty adjusting to what Gallant wants them to do. They both go invisible, or worse - detrimental, for long stretches of the game. Panarin's 8 points in 9 games is a mirage - he only looked good in one of them so far. 

There's also been the issue of injuries/COVID derailing the top-6 a bit. Strome and Kakko both missed multiple games which disjointed things. I'm not worried yet. Hopefully it will come in due time. 

The worry for me comes in if the games against Seattle and Ottawa represent the norm more than the Columbus game does. Even still, it's early and we've captured 13 of 18 points available to us in spite of the general inability to score goals from our top 6 - and even then - the guys you need to produce are in fact still producing (Zib, Fox, Panarin, and Kreider are all .77 P/G or better).

Once Kakko, Strome, and to a lesser, but important extent Chytil get to speed, we should see much more output.

I watched some of the game with the Kraken announcers, just because I hadn't heard them before. Their intermission guy has a British accent and it was just so weird to hear during a hockey game. He was like, "That was a bloody good showing by the Kraken in the second period!". I'm like, this is hockey, not Ted Lasso. 🤣

It's okay I suppose so long as the Limey commentator doesn't describe goals deflecting off defensemen as "own goals," goalies as "keepers," and players making $8 million a year as "posh."  Let's keep the Ians, Nigels, and Trevor's out of hockey strategy.  They will reduce scoring to the point of nil-nil draws, which they think are exciting.