• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Are Toews or Kane Potential Deadline Targets for the Rangers?

1 hour ago, H-Dreamer said:

There's a debate to be had what he could have done differently 10 years ago, but the statements he made yesterday really don't look good either. Certainly don't want him anywhere near the Rangers now.

You're certainly entitled to that POV, but there's something to be said for how much bashing the people who knew about it (and those who say they didn't) are getting vs Aldrich himself. It's not that they don't deserve the scrutiny, it's that it's disproportionate.

I also feel like in this quote Toews is highlighting that this incident shouldn't scrub away every good thing these guys ever did in their entire lives. Making one terrible judgement call doesn't make you a bad person.

It's an unfortunate situation all around. 

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Just spitballing here…

Chytil, Kravtsov, Schneider, 1st Round pick for Kane with 50% retained. Is our foot even in the door? Just curious. Not saying if I would or would not do it.

Idk how you're still suggesting trades for them at this point.  Having one of these guys pull on our sweater would turn my stomach.  Even if it meant winning a cup, not worth it.  They can keep them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Just spitballing here…

Chytil, Kravtsov, Schneider, 1st Round pick for Kane with 50% retained. Is our foot even in the door? Just curious. Not saying if I would or would not do it.

I wouldn’t.

Too 90’s Rangers. 

Plus, not sure teams want to touch anyone from that team right now. Certainly not paying that much 

2 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Idk how you're still suggesting trades for them at this point.  Having one of these guys pull on our sweater would turn my stomach.  Even if it meant winning a cup, not worth it.  They can keep them. 

+1

43 minutes ago, josh said:

I wouldn’t.

Too 90’s Rangers. 

Plus, not sure teams want to touch anyone from that team right now. Certainly not paying that much 

Too 80s Rangers.  Marcel Dionne.  It ended with the Garden thundering "Espo Sucks" (and vendors offering "Espo Sucks Beer"

5 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Panarin is our Kane and Zib is our Toews. Done. Talking about this just reminds me of the dark ages. What a backwards step that would be. No thank you.

This team is building an identity. I dont want Chicago's. 

we already have an identity, which is drafting high potential prospects and destroying their careers. 

• LOL 3