• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#4) Rangers at Toronto Maple Leafs — Another One

Drew a Penalty

Holy shit, gang!!!  "Edge of your seat" hockey right there!!  That OT was fucking insane!!! 

........That being said, here are the Top 5 nominees for tonight's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Goodyear...the only people that have seen more rubber than Shesterkin!!

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Laf finally knocked someone down. Shame it was Zib.

Best hit all season!!  LOL   ......But Holy shit man, how much did we miss Strome and Kakko??? 

2 hours ago, josh said:

I'd also have Shesterkin take the draws from now on

1 hour ago, torontonyr said:

The Rangers are like a good bakery, bread and turnovers.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Bread “kneads” to pick up his game.

Anyone? A laugh? A giggle? Hockey and comedy, tell your friends.

54 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Anyone know someone in law enforcement?  I think I just witnessed a robbery 

.....and tonight's winning quote goes to @torontonyr for his slick Panarin analogy! 

OT Redemption was pretty sweet though!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Miller with an excellent game, I thought. 

did any of the rangers brass ever watch Trouba in Winnipeg?  What did they see that was worth over $8M per season?

I have to agree. He had an extra step in his jump. I really hope they try splitting him and Trouba up or tell Jacob that he’s the stay at home guy so stay at home. You can decide if I mean on the ice or in Michigan.

• LOL 1
  • Applause 1

Nice to see Shesterkin stealing games.

Didnt watch the game, but the stats from this one is funny lol. Mika had the best FO% on the team with 29%.

Fox with over 28 minutes. What's the reason he got 4:20 shorthanded TOI, while Trouba/Nemeth/Miller only played 1:30 each? Trouba almost had the same PP TOI as Fox.

That game winner should get Panarin going and Mika have a goal and 4 assist in the first 4 games while not looking very good. Can't wait till he gets hot again.

6 hours ago, shestYORKin said:

love a well rounded analytics nightmare every once and a while. this should hold me over until the Reavo hatty. 

spacer.png

That give away stat has to be wrong. Panarin alone had 17

5 hours ago, CCCP said:

Miller with an excellent game, I thought. 

did any of the rangers brass ever watch Trouba in Winnipeg?  What did they see that was worth over $8M per season?

He’s been better the last two games. I wonder how he’d look if his partner was capable of making the simplest plays 

yeah this is what the league fantasized about when they went 3 on 3 for OT. 

so the preseason drumbeat was send Miller down for a tune up. not much of that now (maybe the Krav debacle stings). instead it’s more about Trouba and splitting the pair at this point. ok, fair enough but explain. no one’s touching Lindgren/Fox. so you want to go off hand with Trouba/Lundkvist, Nemeth/Miller? or flip that? seems a bit like alternating tylenol and ibuprofen. 

not that it matters. Gallant only shakes up lines due to injury/suspension/absence. it’s a “we got what we got so get used to it” feeling for sure. 

2 minutes ago, shestYORKin said:

so the preseason drumbeat was send Miller down for a tune up. not much of that now (maybe the Krav debacle stings). instead it’s more about Trouba and splitting the pair at this point. ok, fair enough but explain. no one’s touching Lindgren/Fox. so you want to go off hand with Trouba/Lundkvist, Nemeth/Miller? or flip that? seems a bit like alternating tylenol and ibuprofen. 

not that it matters. Gallant only shakes up lines due to injury/suspension/absence. it’s a “we got what we got so get used to it” feeling for sure. 

I dont know what side either of them plays and cant look it up right now but Miller-Lundqvist is absolutely a pair I would love to see tried at some point this season.

It may not work but I dont think its a stretch to see those two working well together.

2 minutes ago, shestYORKin said:

I'm not sure this is accurate so far this season.  He's made several in-game line shakeups for the forwards in basically every game.  Or are you just talking about the D?  

I thought Miller looked much more confident last night.  Trouba, as I think @joshsaid, looks like he's trying to do too much.  I do think his effort level is there and that stick-check on Matthews in OT gives him a pass for me this game!

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I know it’s very early in the season, but Igor looks so much more comfortable. He looks like he might have turned a corner here. He has really looked outstanding.

He looks like he’s earning his paycheck. So is Kreider. You know who’s not earning his paycheck?  Fucking Trouba. I’d send him to Russia for Kravtsov 

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I'm not going against the opinion that Trouba is overpaid and not that good. with that said, he literally saved the game in OT on that Matthews chance and made a couple of other really nice plays. Almost won it in OT as well.

Trouba is this boards whipping boy but he’s plenty good enough to play top 4 mins, ideally not on the power play nor in ot. His contract is a little much, so everyone whines, but the guy plays a hard and fine game, and is exposed by speedy players, as many bigger d can be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Trouba is this boards whipping boy but he’s plenty good enough to play top 4 mins, ideally not on the power play nor in ot. His contract is a little much, so everyone whines, but the guy plays a hard and fine game, and is exposed by speedy players, as many bigger d can be.

Let's agree to disagree. I don't even really care about the contract which is more a gripe about the front office than Trouba for me. The guy just doesn't play defense well and hes certainly not good enough offensively to forgive that. 

Okay so he made a good play on D to save the game (isnt he supposed to?)... what about all the stupid plays he makes game in, game out?

I keep hoping he grows on me but I keep disliking him game after game.