• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BOS Re-Sign Charlie McAvoy to 8-Year/$76m Extension; $9.5m AAV

If we are going to have to give him 11, I’m waiting them for when he HAS to get it. If we don’t bridge him, nevermind getting rid of Trouba.  We will probably have to get rid of someone else too unless we give him a healthy bridge him first and hope the salary cap has gone up significantly before the 2025 season when he hits ufa. 

I'm holding out hope that he's going to take a little bit of hometown discount for term. The guy wanted to be here and has flourished here. But this off season has not boded well for fox's contract.

All of that said, we were worried about the same thing with Mika, and he came in at an extremely reasonable 8.5 for a 1C, so we will just have to see here. I don't see it anything less than 9 though, and that's best case scenario, which is still a shit ton of money. 

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I'm holding out hope that he's going to take a little bit of hometown discount for term. The guy wanted to be here and has flourished here. But this off season has not boded well for fox's contract.

All of that said, we were worried about the same thing with Mika, and he came in at an extremely reasonable 8.5 for a 1C, so we will just have to see here. I don't see it anything less than 9 though, and that's best case scenario, which is still a shit ton of money. 

McAvoy is his buddy, Val...I expect it to be at least in that neighborhood...and that Norris???...oooofff!  We're looking a solid $10 million right in the wallet!  LOL

Show Me The Money GIF

On 10/15/2021 at 8:47 PM, Pete said:

Fox is the kind of player you just hope is smart enough to realize that no team with 1-2 max salary players wins anything. 

But reality is you have no choice but to pay him what he wants. 

This. Guys a rangers fan though so I’m holding out hope he doesn’t bend us all over 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:47 PM, Pete said:

Fox is the kind of player you just hope is smart enough to realize that no team with 1-2 max salary players wins anything. 

But reality is you have no choice but to pay him what he wants. 

I think he’s smart enough to understand this, and will accept a number/term that doesn’t cost the team multiple players. One things for certain, with the way things are going, Trouba’s not finishing that contract here.

5 hours ago, Shane Falco said:

I think he’s smart enough to understand this, and will accept a number/term that doesn’t cost the team multiple players. One things for certain, with the way things are going, Trouba’s not finishing that contract here.

It should be a priority IMO. A $3M per year any stay-at-home defenseman can do a better job than Trouba right now. 

• Like 1