• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Scale 1-10: What's Your Hype Level on the 21/22 New York Rangers?

shestYORKin

season starts a week from tonight: scale of 1-10, how excited are you?

it’s been 3 wild years and change. The Letter, the Nash trade, Panarin free agency jackpot, 1st and 2nd overall picks, Lias bust, defensive prospect boom, Hank/Shesty baton, airbags deployed in Brooklyn, fucking covid, 20/21 voodoo doll season, Tony D saga,  Putin, Tom Wilson, front office shake up, cap casualties, grit added, and now Gallant. 

are we ready now or what? scale 1-10

maybe you’re still on the fence. there are still lots of unknowns for sure. what if that 13th forward doesn’t match your depth chart?

me? opening night I’ll be in DC with my wife and 2 boys. right behind the glass. first game of the Gallant era & the new window. let’s call it a 1️⃣0️⃣ LFG ?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Applause 1

I’m very excited. I’m gonna say a 10. It’s a different excitement compared to years like 2015, where like many others, I felt the Rangers were about to embark on a journey that would see them ride off down the Canyon of Heroes 9 months later. No, this is definitely different.

Anything can happen in sports, so who knows? But I am very excited to see these kids operate with a new coach. I’m excited to see if a healthy Mika can pot 50. I’m excited to see if Panarin can win an Art Ross. I can’t wait to see Lafreniere, Kakko and Shesterkin take the next step, and I can’t wait to see what more Fox can do in his young career. It is going to be a very exciting team to watch.

I think they take another big step forward this season. And while it may not be time to plan a parade just yet, hopefully these kids, these young vets and this coach will show us this year that the idea of it happening in the near future isn’t so far fetched.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Solid 7.5, way better than the past couple of years.

depending on too many to take the next step and I'm not sure they all have the ceiling necessary to deliver.

Very excited to see the grit we haven't had in what seems like forever, so I'll enjoy the games more if nothing else.

**and with that Reaves goes down like clock work, ffs**

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1

Absolutely a 10!  

Not saying I expect a cup this year, but there is so much to be excited about.  If you are not excited 1 week before the season starts, why are you even here?

Personally, I am hoping Kakko takes a huge step this year. I really like the kid, was so excited when they got him...I think this is the year he steps up and shows what he can do.   If healthy, I think 25-30 Goals.  The evolution into what should be a budding SuperStar is worth the price of admission to me.  

LGR!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

10.  I'm excited for the transformation the roster took and the fact we have an actual NHL coach behind the bench again.  I agree with sentiments that even though I'm giving a 10, my expectations are not the Cup this year.  Though I think, based on how this season goes, we should expect to see something serious in the seasons to come.  LGR

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8. A solid playoff run would be amazing, but 50-70 point seasons from Laf and Kakko with Krav having an outside shot at that point total would be just as good.

Individual awards like Lundkvist as a Calder/Norris winner would be ideal as well but even being nominated would be a big deal.

• Like 1

My "Boner-o-meter" has been at 10 since Fox won the Norris.  My needle is absolutely pinned!  We may not win a cup, I think @Tomas Sandstromup there has it nailed.  I haven't had a chance to watch this much talent come together in a long time and it's going to be one fucking hell of a ride this season!  Fasten your seatbelts when this one kicks off, because it's going to be a a wild one!  ...and I can't wait for it!

14 hours ago, josh said:

Takes me longer to get excited as I get older. It will eventually get al the way up. Hopefully. 

...only one way to get Josh excited....Here you go my good man!!  For you:

Sexy Jessica Alba GIF

An 8 for me. I think all of the additions were really good, I like the coach, and I think they'll be an up-tempo team. Kakko is looking like a new man. The defense might still be a cause for concern, still some greenness there. Two things I will be focused on is how Lefreniere continues to develop and if Shesterkin can really get consistent and lockdown that number one spot. I'm not too worried about that, but just something that bears watching for me.