• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Training Staff Gave Nolan Patrick Non-Prescribed Meds Without His Knowledge

• Phil changed the title to Flyers Training Staff Gave Nolan Patrick Non-Prescribed Meds Without His Knowledge

Sestito said once he was given a bottle of Toradol. In another instance, doctors gave him the drug 20 minutes before a game because his team didn’t have salary cap space to call up an injury replacement. He called the amounts of the drug that team doctors gave him “insane.”

Flyers mentioned again

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah that just sounds weird.

One thing is for a 20 y old to take some painkillers, but someone gives you an "insane amount" of drugs 20 minutes before a game and you take them without thinking? Unless they slipped them in your water bottle Cosby style, then that's on you buddy.

My guess is we’re going to start seeing a few of these stories come out over the next few days 

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Then why did you fucking take them?!

I would say, if we're gonna bring in points from the other thread, that the pressure teams put on these players/control they have over their careers, mean that 'bubble' players (not sure if thats the right phrasing but you know what i mean) that they feel like if they don't do what they're told and take the drugs and play through these type of issues, that they might not ever play in the NHL again

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I would say, if we're gonna bring in points from the other thread, that the pressure teams put on these players/control they have over their careers, mean that 'bubble' players (not sure if thats the right phrasing but you know what i mean) that they feel like if they don't do what they're told and take the drugs and play through these type of issues, that they might not ever play in the NHL again

I understand that, but the responsibility still lies with the player to prioritize their health over their career.

Sure, any player can just say no. I just don't think it's fair to discount the impact/pressure teams are putting on these players and the retaliation that can come to them if they say no.

Its like in the real world at whatever company or profession. Your boss is harassing you and making it a hostile workplace. Sure, you can say anyone can just speak up and say no and just quit. But the impact that it can have on your career/the fear of people that are higher up that can control your career if you speak up is a big factor. 

Just because these are pro athletes who make more money than us average joe-schmos doesn't mean they deserve to be treated poorly like that 

Yea, but they're being issued by a doc.  Docs can give you pills in the office without a prescription.  Not sure what the actual law is, but they're u nder the doc's care.  This whole they're giving me pills without a prescription thing seems weird.  They're getting pills from the doc, not some random intern from the social media department.