• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Training Staff Gave Nolan Patrick Non-Prescribed Meds Without His Knowledge

6 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Yea, the other stuff he mentions is vague, "They gave me an insane amount of pills bro."  

Define insane amount Sestito.  Also Celebrex is another NSAID.  

I mean he does mention xanax, ambien. 

5 minutes ago, shestYORKin said:

is Toradol a script tho? I don’t know my pills 

according to google;

Toradol is a prescription NSAID. NSAIDs are medications that decrease prostaglandins, substances in your body that cause inflammation.

Just now, siddious said:

according to google;

Toradol is a prescription NSAID. NSAIDs are medications that decrease prostaglandins, substances in your body that cause inflammation.

So?  Millions of people take ambien and Xanax.  That doesn't mean it's bad.  Ibuprofen 800's require a prescription.  It's just 4 Advil.

Just now, Long live the King said:

So?  Millions of people take ambien and Xanax.  That doesn't mean it's bad.  Ibuprofen 800's require a prescription.  It's just 4 Advil.

I am not disagreeing with you on that necessarily. I think the bigger issue isnt what drugs he was given and more the fact that the doctors said here take these pills if you want to play without even explaining it to him.

Imagine going to the doctor for a cold and he says he just got off the phone with your boss and then just hands you a fistful of pills and tells you to go do your job. I'd say thats pretty worrisome. 

With that said, he may not even know what else he was given and it sounds like there was more.

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

according to google;

But let's be clear, abusing them can wreck your digestive system. 

Just now, siddious said:

I am not disagreeing with you on that necessarily. I think the bigger issue isnt what drugs he was given and more the fact that the doctors said here take these pills if you want to play without even explaining it to him.

Imagine going to the doctor for a cold and he says he just got off the phone with your boss and then just hands you a fistful of pills and tells you to go do your job. I'd say thats pretty worrisome. 

With that said, he may not even know what else he was given and it sounds like there was more.

Sounds like he was given a fist full of NSAID pain relievers. 

Did the player ask what they were or what they did?  

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

But let's be clear, abusing them can wreck your digestive system. 

okay i lol'd

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Sounds like he was given a fist full of NSAID pain relievers. 

Did the player ask what they were or what they did?  

again im not necessarily disagreeing with you or Pete on anything here but I also think there's a pretty unspoken "do what we say or you're out of here for not being a team player" aspect to these things when you're not a Jack Eichel. 

Edited by siddious

15 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Yea, but this sounds like a temporary playing through an injury in season.  Not an everyday 24/7/365 throughout your 15 year career.

Staying on them for as long as 4 to 6 weeks straight can cause issues.

Trust me on this one, I was on them before I had my hip surgery and I had to cycle off of them occasionally.

The problem of non-doctors giving players drugs is dwarfed by the problem of team doctors dispensing them.  Many dispense pain killers like candy.  Here's the rub, which came to my attention in a lawsuit in which I was involved: there are often no records kept.  When you get outside the realm of insurance, where the companies require records, you'd be surprised at how flimsy the record keeping requirements are in medicine.  There is often next to nothing in the way of statutes and very vague ethical standards.