• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hit And Have It Hurt

Pete

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

^ in 1 pre season game. Let’s see how he does in one or two more games. Could have just been nerves. 

Right. I’m just saying that Euro pro games only mean so much. Lundkvist is just as likely to need time to adjust. To say that you don’t have time to wait on breaking in players and then pencil in Lundkvist seems contradictory. It’s not as though Lundkvist can be outperformed by Jones and you can wave it off as “oh he’s done this before. He’ll be fine.” He hasn’t. So you go with whoever looks more prepared at the end of preseason. 

Clearly, they are. I don't see how that changes the dynamic. Jones and Lundkvist aren't separated by very much, professionally. Certainly not if you're measuring games played experience. Schneider, either, for that matter. The only difference is that Schneider has spent the last number of seasons playing against teenagers, where Jones and Lundkvist played against men.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Clearly, they are. I don't see how that changes the dynamic. Jones and Lundkvist aren't separated by very much, professionally. Certainly not if you're measuring games played experience. Schneider, either, for that matter. The only difference is that Schneider has spent the last number of seasons playing against teenagers, where Jones and Lundkvist played against men.

Schneider needs a year or two in the minors, that was obvious.  But personally i'd rather see both JOnes and Lundkvist make it (even if lundqkvist spents a month or two in the A)

So we agree that all there are close and all three look like guys we'd like to see playing for us soon.  Fox, Lindgren, Miller are pretty locked in as parts of the future.  So how is Trouba not the odd man out?  The next option I think is trade Lindgren but then you're keeping Trouba at a massively inflated salary.  He's really just in the way.

1 hour ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

So we agree that all there are close and all three look like guys we'd like to see playing for us soon.  Fox, Lindgren, Miller are pretty locked in as parts of the future.  So how is Trouba not the odd man out?  The next option I think is trade Lindgren but then you're keeping Trouba at a massively inflated salary.  He's really just in the way.

They're likely both out eventually. Not enough $$$.

Miller-Fox

Jones-Schneider 

Robertson-Lundkvist 

If this six ever dresses in the same game that's just unbelievable drafting....plus Fox.

Edited by Long live the King

15 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I completely disagree.

Based on what we've seen from Lundkvist so far, his pro games don't matter because they weren't in North America. He's still getting a feel for the North American game and we don't know how long it'll take him to adjust. Jones looks more confident and capable out there at the moment. Lundkvist struggled with puck battles and was inconsistent in moving the puck for most of his preseason game. Jones seemed to have the puck on a string even in contact, was able to roll off checks, and actually used his small size to his advantage in weaving through traffic.

If that persists through camp, Jones should get the spot and not Lundkvist. Jones has 10 NHL games under his belt, it's not as though playing in the NHL is a foreign concept to him. He has more exposure to the NHL than Lundkvist

I totally agree 

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I also think Schneider has been a surprise; more in the fact I didn't think he'd be this good, this soon!  But yeah Browny, Jones is looking really good!

It's preseason and he played against the Bruins ECHL affiliate. He will need a season plus in the A.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's preseason and he played against the Bruins ECHL affiliate. He will need a season plus in the A.

...Oh I get that, Pete.  It's likely the best route for a kid his age, and especially a defenseman.  I do however like his play, it seems very instinctive!  I didn't expect him to even be this good yet.

No doubt that he's going to be a cog in the wheel soon though!