• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #2: Rangers vs Bruins, 7pm, NHLN/MSG

Drew a Penalty

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Assuming healthy, I’m going to say he plays 65+ 
prior to last year where he played 37 out of 56 games, from 14/15 on he’s played 70+ games 5 out of 6 years. 
81, 64,80,79,80,71, 37 ( shortened last season).

I don’t see him playing anything under 65 or so based on every other year. 

37 games out of 56 is 66%.  

66% out of 82 is 54 games.  im personally betting he plays less than half of 82 game season, regardless the reason. 

40 minutes ago, CCCP said:

37 games out of 56 is 66%.  

66% out of 82 is 54 games.  im personally betting he plays less than half of 82 game season, regardless the reason. 

He was hurt with an undisclosed injury, covid, and also suspended during the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

I haven't watched a whole lot of him, but I think it's a bit soon to declare him a one trick pony.  I was surprised because his offensive game was more well rounded than I was expecting last night and he still may be able to develop a more defensive game now that our coaches have him.  He's only just getting to our organization now and is still pretty young.  I wanna see what some time in Hartford does.  

I mean, that's fair, but the knock on him from the scouting reports is that he does one thing exceptionally well: shoot. If you're going to be a one-tool player, having a lethal shot can carry you far, but I still think, at least at this point, he's still on the outside looking in.

Put it this way: who on the current roster are you realistically replacing with Pajuniemi next year, or the year after?