• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Preseason Game #2: Rangers vs Bruins, 7pm, NHLN/MSG

Drew a Penalty

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

We definitely have some interesting options this season.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Kakko this year.  Othmann is going to be a fun watch as well, I think.

I'm definitely interested in seeing Othmann. I don't know how much he'll be able to contribute offensively, but I look forward to seeing him attempt to be a pain in the ass. I just hope his penalty trouble from last weekend doesn't follow him.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

That's a whole lotta meh. If Panarin's line doesn't show magic and Reaves' line isn't banging, this one's gonna be an even bigger snoozefest than the Isles game was.

Pretty much. While I'm intrigued by Othmann and Pajuniemi, I know that neither is going to accomplish much of anything next to Greg McKegg.

This is pretty much useful for seeing Kakko next to Bread-Butter, fourth line's tenacity, Jones/Schneider, and PK (Richards or Gettinger as dark horses for 13th spot).

1 minute ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I'm definitely interested in seeing Othmann. I don't know how much he'll be able to contribute offensively, but I look forward to seeing him attempt to be a pain in the ass. I just hope his penalty trouble from last weekend doesn't follow him.

Pretty much. While I'm intrigued by Othmann and Pajuniemi, I know that neither is going to accomplish much of anything next to Greg McKegg.

This is pretty much useful for seeing Kakko next to Bread-Butter, fourth line's tenacity, Jones/Schneider, and PK (Richards or Gettinger as dark horses for 13th spot).

I'm not going to go crazy either way, Drew.  I wanna see them skate and just take in the experience.  I think it's a little early to worry about any kind of production.  If it happens, hey great!  ...but I like seeing them just get their feet wet.  I forgot about Pajuniemi though...he'll be another one I'll be keeping my eyes on.

Jesus...so many new kids on the block!!!  LOL

I'm a little excited to see this fourth line get to work. I'm a big fan of Rooney's after last season. I think it'll benefit him to have competent linemates that actually complement him. Rooney and Blais both have fairly decent offensive skillsets so I wouldn't be shocked if they score more than we expect over the season.

• Like 1

• Phil changed the title to Preseason Game #2: Rangers Vs Bruins, 7pm, NHLN/MSG
  • Phil pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I'm a little disappointed that Pajuniemi was dropped down a line, but I think Richards and Gettinger might be better linemates for him. I just hope he gets some minutes to show what he can do.

My guess is that those last two lines are going to be interchangeable. Who ever looks better will likely get more time.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

My guess is that those last two lines are going to be interchangeable. Who ever looks better will likely get more time.

Probably. Gettinger and Richards are both pretty strong defensively so maybe they can establish a checking line presence with Paju. I don't expect much of anything from Othmann-McKegg-Brodzinski. Just a lot of nothing.