• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Reaves to NYR Youth - Call Me Daddy

Phil

Like any other black ace, his job is to keep the boys loose and practice competitive. 

He is not a unicorn, many players of his ilk don't dress for the playoffs because they can't do anything at the level required to be an NHL regular. Even Delauriers(sp?) Is one of the better PKers in the league.

Edited by Pete

On 4/3/2022 at 8:25 AM, Pete said:

Like any other black ace, his job is to keep the boys loose and practice competitive. 

He is not a unicorn, many players of his ilk don't dress for the playoffs because they can't do anything at the level required to be an NHL regular. Even Delauriers(sp?) Is one of the better PKers in the league.

Yup, and it's arguably if he hurts more than he helps in tight games. Most of these types of players have really bad penalty differentials.

16 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Not this year; he helped this crew grow their swagger. I am hoping he recognizes his time has past after this year and calls it a career (PLUS CAP RELIEF!!)

But overall this team still gets out muscle and Can't handle the  other team grinding game ,especially the islanders team

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Not this year; he helped this crew grow their swagger. I am hoping he recognizes his time has past after this year and calls it a career (PLUS CAP RELIEF!!)

I have to imagine the rangers will bribe him off the ice in some way for next season. They need the cap space and he very obviously has a future in media or non-playing elements of pro hockey.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

But overall this team still gets out muscle and Can't handle the  other team grinding game ,especially the islanders team

Agreed but his presence in the beginning of the season grew the confidence of this crew. He is a glue guy.

2 hours ago, lefty9 said:

Yeah, plus we really don't have anyone  serviceable to replace him,we already skating some players who shouldn't even be playing

Maybe they can see what Dylan McIlrath is up to for that enforcer role?.....

11 hours ago, lefty9 said:

Yeah, plus we really don't have anyone  serviceable to replace him,we already skating some players who shouldn't even be playing

Reaves shouldn't be playing 😆

Edited by Pete