• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CAR Signs Jesperi Kotkaniemi to 1-Year/$6.1M Offer Sheet

Phil

If I'm Montreal, I'd probably let Kotkaniemi walk here and take the picks as compensation. This situation is basically like if Kakko has another bust season production wise and a team offersheets him for 6+M next summer. I'd want the Rangers to do the same with him if that scenario played out.

Love the troll angle.. but 6.1 and giving up a 1st and 3rd for this player is asinine.

I can’t stand Carolina so I hope the move blows up in the most awful way possible for them.

Its a risk, but its not a huge one honestly.

Carolina will be a playoff team, so its a late 1st and a 3rd for a one-year rental. Thats not so expensive for a middle-6 C with lots of potential that just had a really good playoff.

And if he has a breakout season, well then they got a really good, young center for a 1st and a 3rd.

• Like 1

Its a risk, but its not a huge one honestly.

Carolina will be a playoff team, so its a late 1st and a 3rd for a one-year rental. Thats not so expensive for a middle-6 C with lots of potential that just had a really good playoff.

And if he has a breakout season, well then they got a really good, young center for a 1st and a 3rd.

Perfect analysis. Calculated risk.

I'm not sure I'd qualify what he did in the playoffs as really good. Dude was scratched 3 times including a game in the finals.

Like I said earlier, I hope it the outcome is Montreal doesn't match, Carolina sucks ass this year and Montreal gets the 14th pick.. And with that pick, they take Lenny Kotkaniemi. Jerperi's younger brother who isn't as talented as his big bro, but has all of the leadership attributes of Lias Anderson.