• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Could One of Our Surplus of Wingers Play Center?

WWJD

Chytil shoots at a higher amount than Zibanejad, which is a great necessity behind Strome

Lafreniere is certainly a set up man that likes dealing from his forehand without pulling up (Panarin)

Nah - Zibanejad tries a shot nearly 33% more than Chytil (one shot every 3.5 minutes versus one shot every 4.5 minutes ice time 2020-21). Still - that's...probably better than most on our team.

I think if you're going to fuck w/Chytil at 2c, you need passers and space creators with him. He's a possession guy. Can't have him and Kakko fighting over the puck.

The Rangers could save a lot of money if they take an educated leap of faith with Chytil. The underlying numbers are fantastic. His production rate at ES was nearly the best on the team. He has grown every season. They could probably get him on a 4-4.5M x 7-8 years. Similar to the Eriksson Ek deal, but a little cheaper. Imagine that upwards trajectory continues, I think better than 50/50 odds, and you've got it locked up at that rate.

Let's see those big balls Drury.

Could Landeskog play Center if we signed him in FA?

Trying to see what our potential pivots would be if we don't go Eichel....

Zibanejad

Strome

Chytil

Rooney

Optional: Goodrow

We're not exactly short a center. To sign someone like Landeskog for a huge sum of money and then ask him to do something he's never done makes absolutely no sense. Assuming another year of growth from Kakko, Krav, and Lafreniere, this team, as constructed, is a playoff team.

Another D and another 4th liner and they're in the mix to make something happen next season.

Nah - Zibanejad tries a shot nearly 33% more than Chytil (one shot every 3.5 minutes versus one shot every 4.5 minutes ice time 2020-21). Still - that's...probably better than most on our team.

sorry, not an advanced stat guy. It was 5v5 shots per 60.

I still like Chyil at C, but we'll see

Zibanejad

Strome

Chytil

Rooney

We're not exactly short a center. To sign someone like Landeskog for a huge sum of money and then ask him to do something he's never done makes absolutely no sense. Assuming another year of growth from Kakko, Krav, and Lafreniere, this team, as constructed, is a playoff team.

Another D and another 4th liner and they're in the mix to make something happen next season.

with Free Agency still looming hard to make predictions but

on paper right now

8: TB, FLA, BOS, TOR, NYI, WSH, CAR... Fight for last slot PITT, MTL, PHI, NYR. -- and no i dont think Landeskog is coming here but he sure is Gallants type of player.

The Rangers could save a lot of money if they take an educated leap of faith with Chytil. The underlying numbers are fantastic. His production rate at ES was nearly the best on the team. He has grown every season. They could probably get him on a 4-4.5M x 7-8 years. Similar to the Eriksson Ek deal, but a little cheaper. Imagine that upwards trajectory continues, I think better than 50/50 odds, and you've got it locked up at that rate.

Let's see those big balls Drury.

This is interesting as hell. Really would save us a lot of trouble (cap) going forward if this worked out and he does continue progressing. Bit of a risk though if he's just not it.

Not only is Chytil not a center, but anyone thinking he's just slotting in where Strome was with same results is going to be disappointed.

Strome is a smart player who knows how to play with skilled players. Chytil is hockey stupid, doesn't use his linemates, and doesn't see the ice well which is why he's always looking for 1 on 1 opportunities.

Zibanejad

Strome

Chytil

Rooney

If Strome goes we won't be that deep here and after Zib its quite dicey.

Not only is Chytil not a center, but anyone thinking he's just slotting in where Strome was with same results is going to be disappointed.

Strome is a smart player who knows how to play with skilled players. Chytil is hockey stupid, doesn't use his linemates, and doesn't see the ice well which is why he's always looking for 1 on 1 opportunities.

Which is why if you're keeping him, and I think they should, put him with Goodrow and another banger on a 3rd line where he can have even more room to make 1 on 1 plays. Continue to work on his defense, not to make him a stud, but to make sure he's serviceable in his own zone.

If Strome goes we won't be that deep here and after Zib its quite dicey.

That's why I'm making the argument in the other thread that it makes no sense to trade Strome unless it's part of a package to get a "better" player. 1-for-1 deal with Strome is going to be a losing trade.

with Free Agency still looming hard to make predictions but

on paper right now

8: TB, FLA, BOS, TOR, NYI, WSH, CAR... Fight for last slot PITT, MTL, PHI, NYR. -- and no i dont think Landeskog is coming here but he sure is Gallants type of player.

Why is he Gallants type of player? Is he tough to play against?