• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [LW] Brennan Othmann in 1st Round (16th Pick)

Phil

8 hours ago, josh said:

Is that now? What’s going on?

also, such an underrated play by Othmann on that goal. So many players would be watching Bedard going through those guys. He moved out into shooting position and ready to fire 

He's

been watching Zib 

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

He’s playing with bedard and weight, correct?

when the hell was the last time we had a prospect playing on Canada’s top line?!

also how do you get your teeth knocked out with a full cage on?

wright

lafreniere, duh 

he wasnt wearing a cage
Only little boys have to 

It sucks we have to ask the question about Canada’s top line, especially when they had THE Canadian player (for years). It took me a few minutes to think of Lafreniere, too. So sad, really. 

kakko, Miller, Lundkvist, Schneider all played top line/minutes. Garand if that counts. Thought Robertson did, but he might have been depth. 

27 minutes ago, josh said:

It sucks we have to ask the question about Canada’s top line, especially when they had THE Canadian player (for years). It took me a few minutes to think of Lafreniere, too. So sad, really. 

kakko, Miller, Lundkvist, Schneider all played top line/minutes. Garand if that counts. Thought Robertson did, but he might have been depth. 

Yea but canadas in a league of its own for the most part. Especially right now when both wright and bedard are so highly touted. But suddenly I’m not as excited about that point anymore.

I’m still so confused about Laf. 

Edited by siddious

10 hours ago, siddious said:

But suddenly I’m not as excited about that point anymore

You shouldn't be, it was the 4th goal on the 38th shot when the other team only had 8.

But there's plenty of other things to be excited about when it comes to this kid. 

14 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Has looked much much better past two games. Playing hard north/south. They called him Corey Perryesque on broadcast, I'd say more Hymen sized, though. That's the game he needs to play. 

Modern day Brendan Morrow is where I think he winds up.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Othmann leading Peterborough in playoff scoring. 7-15-22 in 19 GP, 5 more points than anyone else on the team.

Looks like they are in the championship, tied 1-1. In the semifinals Peterborough was down 3 games to 2, and in game 6 they were losing 3-2 in the 3rd. Othmann primary assisted on both the game tying goal in the 3rd and the game winning goal in OT to keep the season alive. He scored a big goal in G7 to contribute to a 3-2 win. In the finals they went down 1-0 on a 3-0 loss, and Othmann had 2 assists in a 5-3 G2 win. G3 tonight. I wonder if there's a good way to stream the game

• Thanks 1

I'd still rather see this kid have at least 1/2 a season in the AHL.  I don't see any reason to rush him here.  He's a left wing as well, and it's not like we're short on them!!  If he was a RW I could maybe see giving him a faster track here, but I don't think he plays RW.