• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Could the Rangers Trade for Ryan Reaves?

Lord Al

Nick Ritchie > Lucic

Very similar players, Same size, much younger, faster, better fighter, better offensive numbers, probably cheaper, can kill penalties, can move up the lineup to complement players.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not Both???

Lucic and Reaves. We should be able to afford both now with a ton of dead cap off the books from last season, no?

Ritchie + Ritchie

Practically the same but much younger and cheaper.

Not sure Reaves or Lucic want to come to NY just to be fighters at this point in their careers. Neither can be relied on for their hockey, at this point. Would love to have them, but I think it’s a few years too late for this pair.

The Lightning are gonna win another Cup. They fit the bill, too. Even in the playoffs, Point leads all forwards in TOI/G at 18:51. Their third line of Goodrow (17:06), Gourde (17:14), Coleman (16:08) plays. Even their fourth-liners still see the ice. Maroon-Colton-Joseph all average just under 10 minutes a game.

This isn't a "copy the Isles" approach. It's a "copy the good teams" one.

We always try to copy teams, that’s why they’re constantly chasing.

Adding 2 dinosaurs that don’t really fit the mold you described doesn’t help.

Nick Ritchie > Lucic

Very similar players, Same size, much younger, faster, better fighter, better offensive numbers, probably cheaper, can kill penalties, can move up the lineup to complement players.

Ritchie + Ritchie

Not sure Reaves or Lucic want to come to NY just to be fighters at this point in their careers. Neither can be relied on for their hockey, at this point. Would love to have them, but I think it’s a few years too late for this pair.

We always try to copy teams, that’s why they’re constantly chasing.

Adding 2 dinosaurs that don’t really fit the mold you described doesn’t help.

But why is Boston moving him? He clearly works. They just re-signed him to a very reasonable two-year extension. He's 25.

But why is Boston moving him? He clearly works. They just re-signed him to a very reasonable two-year extension. He's 25.

He’s not signed

RFA

Probably exposed in expansion draft over Frederic

Lucic can play on the PP and on most lines. Reaves is still the Heavyweight Champion .and that’s from John Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’ve yet to see Lucic lose a fight. I’m sure he has at some point but he’s a god damn animal and plays the minutes to be out there when things get tough. Reaves would most certainly be a reactionary deployment after something has already gone wrong.

I really like Reaves but if that’s all the rangers did to address their issue of toughness Id consider that a huge failure by Drury. They need a guy who can play minutes.

Having both would be insane lol. Not sure if that’s the right answer either.

Ritchie + Ritchie

Possibly so, Josh. Although it seemed that Reaves was playing a decent 4th line for Vegas this year. Him being sat the last 2 games was concerning though, no doubt.

I'm thinking very short term though...maybe a year or 2 at most...basically until we have our young guys mature or grow into those roles. Guys like Cuylle and Barron, etc.

I'm not sure if we have a Reaves in the system....but possibly his type can be obtained as a UFA or trade.

• Like 1

Middleweight, light heavyweight, light heavyweight, up and coming heavyweight.

I mean, I get that, but that's the face of the league. That's why guys like Lucic and Wilson are unicorns. Even Reaves to an extent. There are like five, maybe six legit enforcer-style heavyweights left in the league and none are long for it.

He played 13 a night and Gallant's 4th lines historically have gotten around 11. It's really the difference of a 2-3 shifts.

He was productive last year, but coming here we would not be paying him to produce, we would just be paying him to not be completely useless and maybe give somebody a beating every now and then.

Agreed. For $1.7 he can kiss my tookus and stay wherever he is. I know cap is not a problem next season but getting and paying him would be a colossal waste of money

Agreed. For $1.7 he can kiss my tookus and stay wherever he is. I know cap is not a problem next season but getting and paying him would be a colossal waste of money
I think you're talking about Reeves, but my comment was about Looch.