• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Arizona Coyotes Hire Andre Tourigny As New Head Coach

https://www.tsn.ca/andre-tourigny-arizona-coyotes-hockey-canada-1.1662595

The deal is for three years, reports TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun.

Three-year deal for Tourigny. https://t.co/bNVPHRtF9x

— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) July 1, 2021

Tourigny took over as head coach of Canada’s Junior Team in 2020, earning a silver medal at the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship. In March, he signed a one-year contract with Hockey Canada with plans to join coaching staffs at four upcoming international tournaments.

He served as an assistant coach on Gerard Gallant's IIHF men's World Hockey Championship team that took home gold in Riga, Latvia earlier this summer.

Pretty much, yeah. I'm not so sure if they were better off just keeping Tocchet, but they know more about this guy than I do. But, yeah, it does seem they went with a cheapo option.

Exactly what I meant. That article that came out about the owners a few months back seems to be proving itself correct.

Indeed. I'm still left to wonder why the franchise is still there. lol

In theory, the Phoenix metro should be a slam-dunk market. Rapidly growing, lots of northern transplants, one of the biggest cities in the USA.....

In reality, it's not working for some reason or another.

In theory, the Phoenix metro should be a slam-dunk market. Rapidly growing, lots of northern transplants, one of the biggest cities in the USA.....

In reality, it's not working for some reason or another.

The arena is apparently located in a blue collar area far away from the natural fan base. I don't think this team should be moved. Field a decent team and make the playoffs for a few years running and things should be fine. If tickets were limited to Minnesota transplants, they could still sell out. If Phoenix can produce Austin Matthews, it can produce sufficient fans to pack an arena.