• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | EDSR | (E3) Boston Bruins vs. (E4) New York Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

I'm impressed and annoyed that the Islanders owned the OT after blowing a late two goal lead (wait, Barry Trotz's teams don't blow late leads, right?). I take some solace that if the Islanders win this series, it will probably be 6-7 games and they will play a likely rested and powerful Tampa. Then we can get around to talking about how Lou doesn't have the young quality expendable pieces to trade for what they need to get over the hump.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varlamov played an amazing game. So did Rask. Was telling my cousin going into OT that both goalies always tend to let in weird ones, and that’s exactly what wound up happening.

Does anyone follow Frankie Borrelli on Twitter? He watched the game at a bar in Boston tonight. Very, very funny stuff.

Varlamov played an amazing game. So did Rask. Was telling my cousin going into OT that both goalies always tend to let in weird ones, and that’s exactly what wound up happening.

Does anyone follow Frankie Borrelli on Twitter? He watched the game at a bar in Boston tonight. Very, very funny stuff.

Barstool would have to pay me boatloads to subject myself to that shit. They'd have to drag me out in either handcuffs or a body bag lol

So hard for me to want either to win. Normally when one of my NY teams get eliminated, I bandwagon the remaining NY team. Not Islanders though. Nope.

How can anyone root for Boston?

Tough decision but let’s go bos

Easy to root for Boston when its vs. the Islanders

Yeah, especially since we were stuck in Phase 2 of the 14 step rebuild, which was build a super cool pond hockey team while we wait for the GDP of Djibouti to come off our dead cap space, or some some shit.

Letter written in February 2018.

18-19 season 1 of rebuild.

19-20... Season shortened due to COVID, Rangers make bubble.

20-21...shortened season, no camp, multiple players effected by COVID, injuries, Putin.

Rangers fans: THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG!

Also Rangers fans: you can totally rebuild in New York! I would be patient and trust the process as long as we came out with a good team on the other side!

I've never said that, I've been pretty consistent in wanting to win. Where's the evidence a five year rebuild wins more than a two year re-tool, or is that just a theory?

Ultimately, they were forced in to their drawn out view because they handed out a bunch of stupid contracts, and bought out so many of them that they were up against a cap for the entire teardown process, and then, unable to pivot quickly, it lead to a roster construction that looks like it had zero thought put in to it, with none of the connecting pieces to glue it together either available in house, or unaffordable due to their own cap failures.

Thus, Gorton was canned.

I’ve been saying that all year while we look to build the 9 year plan. It sucks more than I’m willing to accept.

Isles have been good like twice in the last 30 years. It’s almost laughable at how little the rivalry has mattered because they’re so bad usually. Rebuilding the rangers, regardless of how you feel it’s going, was the right move.

…. With that said if they win the cup before the rangers I’ll have a total meltdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk