• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 MLB Thread

Blue Heaven

Wacky Rangers/Royals Opening Day

Rangers take 5-0 lead in 1st

Royals tie the game in the bottom of the 1st.

Rangers take the lead 8-5 in Top 3

Royals take the lead 10-8 in Bottom 4th

Rangers make it 10-9 in Top 6

Royals extend lead 13-9 in Bottom 7

Royals finally win 14-10 in a game that took 4:26.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31183822/mlb-moving-all-star-game-atlanta-georgia-voting-law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

• 2 weeks later...
Funny enough I know Matz’ dad completely by accident. Been friendly with him for years as he is the service manger that I personally deal with for my car. I only realized he was the father of Steve when I was at a bar and the tv has no sound on. They flash to the crowd and I see my service manager with his wife. I’m thinking “ oh wow that’s cool. They are on tv. I’m confuse though because they keep showing them. Then they flash a picture of them with Steven.” Saw him a few days later and we had a laugh. From the next town over. Nice family. Hope he has all the success with the Jays.

Matz has been great, as Dunny says a real surprise. Just hope he keeps it up. Ryu, Ray and Matz is a solid base with Pearson soon back from injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Matz was giving plenty of chances with the Mets and this is a perfect example where he's benefited from a change of scenary. Good for him

Bats werent working for the Braves yesterday vs. the D'Backs

Game 1, Zac Gallen threw a 1 hitter

Game 2, Madison Bumgarner threw a no-hitter thats not a no-hitter since it was 7 innings.

1 hit/0 runs for the Braves in the doubleheader.

Kansas City Royals

13-7

2nd best record in MLB

Danny Duffy 0.39 ERA

• 5 months later...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/key-brewers-p-devin-williams-drunkenly-breaks-hand-during-clinch-celebration-expected-to-miss-playoffs-212458101.html

Yahoo Sports

Brewers P Devin Williams drunkenly breaks hand after clinch celebration, expected to miss playoffs

Jason Owens
Wed, September 29, 2021, 5:24 PM

Milwaukee Brewers reliever Devin Williams told reporters on Wednesday that he broke his pitching hand after celebrating the team's clinch of the NL Central on Sunday.

Per MLB.com's Adam McCalvy, Williams said that he had too much to drink during the celebration and punched a wall on his way home.