• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#31) Rangers vs Buffalo Sabres // If They Lose to This Shit-Ass Team, We Riot

Phil

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two goals aside, I thought thins was Kappo Kakko's best game as a NY Ranger.

Wonder how I would look playing next to Panarin :p

I agree Nashty. The kid's starting to get it, I think. He just needs to shoot more, get some rebounds and drive to the net more....He'll figure it out. He looked pretty damn good last night.

Always liked Gartner it was a shame he couldn't have been on the Stanley Cup team in 94. Was it Messier or Keenan who wanted him out ?

I think it was Messier, but I'm not totally sure. Between he and Keenan, I don't know who was worse with stuff like that then. Mike deserved better and should have been here for the Cup.

I thought it was Keenan, as opposed to assistant general manager Mark Messier, who wanted him out. I think he would have done more for them than Glen Anderson did. The Devils series didn't turn around until they booted Anderson from Messier's line and inserted Kovalev.

I thought it was Keenan, as opposed to assistant general manager Mark Messier, who wanted him out. I think he would have done more for them than Glen Anderson did. The Devils series didn't turn around until they booted Anderson from Messier's line and inserted Kovalev.

You could be right. When it came to player "management", I get them confused. lol But, yeah, Kovalev was a monster in the postseason. Nothing against Anderson, but I never really felt like he was needed, but that's just me. That team was stacked and had more than enough leadership already to win the whole thing.

You could be right. When it came to player "management", I get them confused. lol But, yeah, Kovalev was a monster in the postseason. Nothing against Anderson, but I never really felt like he was needed, but that's just me. That team was stacked and had more than enough leadership already to win the whole thing.

Watch the 94 playoffs again. Anderson was GASSED. He looked done. It was bad. Real bad.

When Anderson took a bone headed penalty (which he took a lot of in those playoffs) with 1:50 left and the Rangers up 3-2 against the Devils in Game 6, he said after the game that it didn't matter that he took the penalty because the Devils never would have scored anyway.

Thanks, Glen.

LOL. I liked Glen a lot, big fan of all of those Oilers guys. But, I was very bitter/jaded about that whole thing because, again, Gartner was one of my favorites and he should have been here for it. I always think about what his postseason would have been like and his first Stanley Cup Final appearance.

Even if the offense has frustrated on more than one occasion this year, they still have fight, there's no denying. They've been playing a lot of close games all year which really helps the young defense. I continue to be excited over this team's future on the blueline. Fox and Lindgren continue to grow and Miller and has more than impresses. His reach may be just as good if not better than Marc Staal's. It seems like he's playing with two sticks.

Alternatively, the Sabres are just an easy team to score against, especially with a 3rd string goalie.

A good team doesn't give up two goals to start the third to the worst team in the league. So, I give the Rangers practically no credit because they shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.