• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Kreider an Option for the Maple Leafs?

Rangers

https://www.nhl.com/news/toronto-maple-leafs-gm-kyle-dubas-trade-deadline-strategy/c-322579130?tid=277548856

Dubas said the majority of discussions recently have been about upgrading at forward.

Toronto's top priority could be a left wing for the top-six group, likely on a line with John Tavares and William Nylander.

Available forward Rodion Amirov (No. 15, 2020 NHL Draft); forward Nicholas Robertson (No. 53, 2019 NHL Draft); defenseman Rasmus Sandin: (No. 29, 2018 NHL Draft); and defenseman Timothy Liljegren (No. 17, 2017 NHL Draft).

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I know they want a rental player, any thoughts on making it work?

I don't see Chris leaving any time soon, I believe he took a hometown discount because he wanted to be here and as a result wouldn't be open to waiving over the next few years. If somebody wants to say what if they want to force his hand by giving him forth line mins or something like that sure I guess anything is possible. I don't think that would be very smart nor do I think they would do it.

I think not. He just makes too much. We'd have to take back Kerfoot, or he'd have to waive to be the centerpiece of a much larger and somewhat illogical deal.

And that's just to get him there this season. Forget the following years with a flat cap in which the Leafs will be just as cap-crunched.

I'm sure it's possible, depending on constructions, but this one seems more like a desire to get out from under Kreider's contract than it does a viable trade opportunity (even though Kreider is exactly the kind of player you'd want on a line with Tavares and Nylander.

According to Friedman, Granlund is who they were looking at. He makes plenty of sense. So does Taylor Hall, because despite making more than Kreider, he has no term. He signed a one-year deal with Buffalo.

How about a 3 way deal TMP, Buffalo, NYR.

From Rangers:

Kreider +3rd pick 2021

To Rangers:

Kerfoot

Amirov

Robertson

Sundin

From Rangers to Buffalo:

Strome

Amirov

Robertson

Sundin

Kravtsov or 1st Round Pick lottery protected.

To Rangers:

Eichel

From Rangers to Buffalo:

Strome

Amirov

Robertson

Sundin

Kravtsov or 1st Round Pick lottery protected.

To Rangers:

Eichel

I genuinely think there would be actual lynchings on the streets of Buffalo if they traded Eichel for that.

And that's just to get him there this season. Forget the following years with a flat cap in which the Leafs will be just as cap-crunched.

I'm sure it's possible, depending on constructions, but this one seems more like a desire to get out from under Kreider's contract than it does a viable trade opportunity (even though Kreider is exactly the kind of player you'd want on a line with Tavares and Nylander.

According to Friedman, Granlund is who they were looking at. He makes plenty of sense. So does Taylor Hall, because despite making more than Kreider, he has no term. He signed a one-year deal with Buffalo.

This makes the most sense all because of the money and he is a rental.